• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

3D Printer anyone?

Kerisst on a crutch - that would be soooo ******* irritating if you'd spent all that dosh on a superdooper 3D printer to see it turn out unadulterated keek instead of the fantastic thingmy that you wanted to show off to your mates.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
currently 3d printers are at about the level of a dot matrix printer ( remember them?) however the technology is getting better at a faster rate .
A good book to read is MAKERS , I will see if i can dig out the fulll details later .
Also did i read some where the the RN has 3D cnc cutters on its boats and all the software plans to make spares rather than carry them or was that a projection for the future ?

486DX4-133 8MB 120MB HDD from Computastore in Gt Victoria Street, Belfast. It weighed a TON and cost more than the car I then owned. As B_B said, it wasn't aeons ago. Still have it, too.

Oh my printer was olivetti as well matched the design of the PC. These Italians you know?

First major thing I ever bought on credit. Remember asking my great aunt (seriously) to go guarantor for me.

Oh my printer was olivetti as well matched the design of the PC. These Italians you know?

First major thing I ever bought on credit. Remember asking my great aunt (seriously) to go guarantor for me.
Nah I didn't buy it. I rented it and the printer. Then I rented another one after my first year was up - a p90 or something - a better one than the 486. Good enough to play Doom on anyway. :p

Nah I didn't buy it. I rented it and the printer. Then I rented another one after my first year was up - a p90 or something - a better one than the 486. Good enough to play Doom on anyway. :p
I bought that on HP as I said, came with an on site warranty.
In the last month of payment (and hence the last month of the warranty) it decided not to switch on.
Guy came out, looked at it, scratched his head, got on the phone & finally informed me they didn't make the many more.

I shrugged, pointed at the warranty document and the clause about "repair or replace". They huffed and puffed a bit but eventually gave me something like a P90 as well. :)

Latest Threads