39th Regiment RA

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by easymoney, Jul 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With the news of 39 being disbanded I have heard that the Launcher Batteries are being allocated to Gun Regiments, any truth in this rumour or are they all going into suspended pot?

2. 3 x MLRS Btys to be resubordinated to CS (AS90) Regts according to the RA briefing note issued 5 Jul 12.

I'm sad to say that it reached me from a friend in the German staff college. I await notification through official channels, although my arrse may heal up first!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aye, 1 Bty to 1st RHA, 1 Bty to 19 Regt not sure where the other one is to go. Each of the Regt's will lose a Bty of AS90.

4. Harmony and 5 in the mix anyone?

5. very disappointing news but would love to see 200 geordie faces getting told there moving to Larkhill! JPA would crash with the amount of "7 clicks to freedom"

6. 200? Try 'all of them'. All AS90 Regiments will end up being based around Salisbury Plain (i.e. Larkhill) eventually. Horne Barracks and Purvis Lines looking favourite - or perhaps even RA Barracks assuming 14 gets folded and the manpower returned from ERE.

7. Larkhill will house 32 and 47 as the joint UAS Regt! 12 and 16 will be at Thorney Island as Joint GBAD. 1st and 19 Will be Close support Regt's i.e 2 or 3 Bty's AS90 1 Bty MLRS. 4th Topcliffe and 3rd Luffenham will be Adaptable force Regts 2Bty's of Light Gun. That leave 26 in the wilderness and ready to be binned on move back from Gutersloh. If you read the RA News letter dated 5th July.

8. So, batteries.... Fitted for, but without launchers?

Joking aside, having served alongside the mighty 39th RA, I never thought I would see the day!

9. 200? Try around 3/4 of the regiment. Hopefully 39 will move to somewhere that allows you to throw your rubbish away outside of 1900-1930.

10. "Larkhill will house 32 and 47 as the joint UAS Regt! 12 and 16 will be at Thorney Island as Joint GBAD. 1st and 19 Will be Close support Regt's i.e 2 or 3 Bty's AS90 1 Bty MLRS. 4th Topcliffe and 3rd Luffenham will be Adaptable force Regts 2Bty's of Light Gun. That leave 26 in the wilderness and ready to be binned on move back from Gutersloh. If you read the RA News letter dated 5th July."

Plenty of bidders of many capbadges for Luffers and some have nasty big dogs!

uqfegd

pp

11. Eh, MoD's published brochure implies 5 Fd Regts (ignoring 7 & 29), 3 regts in div with 3 Armd Inf Bdes, 2 adaptable regts in arty bde (presumably with GBAD regts). Brochure also has 26 remaining in ORBAT.

12. Is the brochure available anywhere ?

13. GBAD sit outside the Offensive Support Bde under HQ Jt GBAD: 12, 16, 106 and 49 Bty. Regular HVM is attributed to RF only. Rapier is assigned to standing defence tasks (Falklands). 49 bty is an independant LEAPP bty and 106 will be SP HVM only, backfilling 12 and supporting AF.

UQFEGD

PP

14. Do you have anything official on that ? That rumour has been banded about for months with 2 camps set up, one says its coming (fingers crossed) and the other stating it will never come "coz they will never let the TA have stormer"

If it does come there needs to be some serious consideration to the maint of the the SP, its hard enough keeping LML up to date let alone a dirty great Stormer