387 Years ago

The Royal Jocks were in Munster in late 70s, been in their NAAFI a couple of times.
Here’s to them, by the way that’s Porter not coke!!
DA983CAA-62B7-48CD-84DB-079B5D2003A9.jpeg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Gentlemen.

The Regiment!

whisky.jpg

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Ladies and Gentlemen, Pontius Pilates bodyguard. And their first Centurion, Auld Yin. Slainte!

Union Jack

Old-Salt
I thought were about to say you were born.

ps - 387 years? How very nouveau riche...
As a true-blue dark blue, I have to agree with Alfred that 1124 years trumps 387 years by some margin but, as a wee Edinburgh laddie who spent his childhood in Dandy Ninth territory, I will very happily raise a glass - of rum of course! - duly raised at 1830 precisely to follow the one already raised at 1800....

Cheers, Auld-Yin!

Jack

Up the Royals!
Warmer into the bank at 1815hrs, 'The Regiment' at 1830 and a swift quadruple of Balvenie 14 yr Caribbean to finish the bottle! Cheers.
“warmer in/to the bank” is an expression that takes me back. Cheers, rustypilgrim! Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be, and all that, but a necking of Balvenie is great.

Well, I'm on the third 'Caribbean fruit cup' (if she asks) heavily disguised as Appletons and OJ, and feeling good. Cheers all.

Do you still pass your glass over a glass of water or is that just for the Jockobytes!
Rather think that was a Seaforth thing along with another toast. Most of those types were real Highland clan chieftains who followed the Pretenders!
The Lowland regiments were slightly more flexible in their allegiance to the Crown due to their proximity to the border and their long history of border skirmishes.

Another interesting Jacobite toast - Jacobite supporters still toast “the wee gentleman in the black velvet waistcoat” at gatherings.

The presence of moles at the scene of the last civil conflict on British soil at Culloden is welcomed by the Circle of Gentlemen – the Jacobite society based in the Highlands – because the creatures are believed to have played a role in the death of William of Orange, the Protestant monarch.
It is claimed that in 1702 King William III’s horse stumbled on a molehill, causing him to fall, break his collarbone and subsequently develop pneumonia, which killed him.

Last edited:
Rather think that was a Seaforth thing along with another toast to the . Most of those types were real Highland clan chieftains who followed the Pretenders!
The Lowland regiments were slightly more flexible in their allegiance to the Crown due to their proximity to the border and their long history of border skirmishes.

Another interesting Jacobite toast - Jacobite supporters still toast “the wee gentleman in the black velvet waistcoat” at gatherings.

The presence of moles at the scene of the last civil conflict on British soil at Culloden is welcomed by the Circle of Gentlemen – the Jacobite society based in the Highlands – because the creatures are believed to have played a role in the death of William of Orange, the Protestant monarch.
It is claimed that in 1702 King William III’s horse stumbled on a molehill, causing him to fall, break his collarbone and subsequently develop pneumonia, which killed him.
I have often wondered at the 'coming together' of Scottish football fans at international matches - dressed and accessorized to appear like a band of Jacobite's - my 'wondering' is asking whether the Rangers element of the crowd are aware they were mostly Kafliks :cool:

Rather think that was a Seaforth thing along with another toast. Most of those types were real Highland clan chieftains who followed the Pretenders!

Both the Camerons and the Mackenzie clans fought for Charlie, the Gordons were split by loyalty and fought against each other.

Both the Camerons and the Mackenzie clans fought for Charlie, the Gordons were split by loyalty and fought against each other.
I know how that started. The Gordon's are fae Aberdeen - one lot invited the other lot for a cup of tea................and then said, 'its very reasonably priced'!