37mm baton guns / rounds

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Foxy1, Jul 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, I am adding to a collection of 37mm baton guns and rounds/ammunition (viewed on Historic Military Vehicle Forum) I hope some of you chaps can help me with user stories or items which I can add/buy for the collection.

Attached Files:

2. Snigger, snigger.

Nothing funnier than a duracell fired from a donk gun.
  3. A friend of mine christened his daughter Arwen...

I popped a photocopy of the relevant page from JIW in the card...
  4. [​IMG]

The L104 is a cracking bit of kit - very accurate with the decent ammo and red dot sights. There was a new type of ammo brought into service for short distance engagements. Pretty much the same as a normal round with the addition of a neoprene pad; oh the fun! :D

I may well have some info for you kicking around some where - I'll see what's not screwed down.
  5. Aim at the belt buckle, four inch drop over 25 yards and watch them crumple.
  6. ***Hey, thanks for that cc. Any additional items or info would be appreciated.***
  7. I hope you have the correct documentation for that ammunition and equipment. It's a right pisser when the Police cave your door in at 0300hrs and you're dragged out in your piss stained y-fronts only to see your lov-er-ly collection disappear into the back of an EOD van.
  8. ***Sure thing - all deactivated weapons with certificates. Ammunition discharged***
  9. Who says the ammunition is "discharged"? Do you have the bill of sale, from an MoD appointed agent, for the ammunition items you hold?
  10. I remember being told in NI that they weren't to be used, as they were "too accurate" and if you aimed for someones head, you'd probably hit/kill them.
  11. Sorry, but that's absolute tosh.
  12. Ahh duracell, the way to go..... or bounce the round off the ground just in front of the scrouts to get it spinning.

Seem to remember a RUC copper giving someone the bad news with one at near point blank range during a scuffle to stop them from staving his mates head in, got shown on telly.
  13. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Oh now that's just cruel. A vile perpetration of a nasty urban myth that we all know just did not take place. Honest. No really.....
  14. If you aimed for someones head with a baton gun you would be done for attempted murder, approved aiming mark with the 104 is the belt buckle, it is quite accurate, fired 67 rds during a slight problem in the Lenadoon area ,30 claimed hits.Total fired by RUC that night in that area 635, christ knows how many the army fired.