37-Patt Webbing Set: to buy, beg, borrow or steal

If I'd known 15+ years ago that I'd have a YouTube channel, I wouldn't have thrown my 37 Patt webbing set away... Ho hum... £25 back in the day, now a fortune buying bit by bit (I can't find a complete set with the usual suspects).

Anyway, if anyone's got one going begging (minimum: belt, cross straps, 2x universal pouches, small pack. Ideal: frog, water bottle+carrier, entrenching tool + cover) I will pay (reasonable) cash money, and it will feature on Bloke on the Range.

Or, if someone can point me towards an ad for a complete set, my thanks will great.

Other items I'm looking for with less priority:

37 Patt pistol case + ammo pouch (prices here are stupid for them)
genuine British .303 cloth bandoleers (I've only got one or two later Greek ones)

Please PM me if you'd like to clear some space of such items :)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
If I'd known 15+ years ago that I'd have a YouTube channel, I wouldn't have thrown my 37 Patt webbing set away... Ho hum... £25 back in the day, now a fortune buying bit by bit (I can't find a complete set with the usual suspects).

Anyway, if anyone's got one going begging (minimum: belt, cross straps, 2x universal pouches, small pack. Ideal: frog, water bottle+carrier, entrenching tool + cover) I will pay (reasonable) cash money, and it will feature on Bloke on the Range.

Or, if someone can point me towards an ad for a complete set, my thanks will great.

Other items I'm looking for with less priority:

37 Patt pistol case + ammo pouch (prices here are stupid for them)
genuine British .303 cloth bandoleers (I've only got one or two later Greek ones)

Please PM me if you'd like to clear some space of such items :)
No local re-enactors? I'm sure they'd give a lend of it for a bung/advert

I might have a piece of flannelette or two to get you started...

Edit: Just took a quick peek at e-bay and there's 4 pages of the stuff, so you should have little trouble getting a set's worth.

Also saw some neat little wire cutters as well:
eBay item number:

Last edited:
No local re-enactors? I'm sure they'd give a lend of it for a bung/advert
No. I live in Switzerland. British WW2 re-enactment is not a thing here ;)

Small chance I have a water bottle at home. Will take a look when I get back.

I have a tank holster anyway. And it currently contains my M&P or my No.2. Or maybe my Webley .38 Mk.IV. Can't remember which.

£175 for a set is a little on the excessive side ;)
That's Silverman's for you! Epic Militaria were doing some cheaps sets iirc, failing that try Soldier of Fortune.

That's Silverman's for you! Epic Militaria were doing some cheaps sets iirc, failing that try Soldier of Fortune.
Prices are slightly less eye-watering there :D