37 Fd Sqn

#6
37 fd sqns emblem was an elephant called "noddy" i was there 87-90 5 tp
 
#7
Still got my plaque and can confirm that Noddy is the featured emblem.
I was there 87-90 as well. 4 trp
 
#8
No Wedge, I was left on the remf party! I was 5 tp 96-99 Ritchie T****s sect, Good mates with Geordie R***o and Del K**t
 
#9
old sqn emblem
 

Attachments

#10
new sqn emblem....

 
#11
gladimout said:
No Wedge, I was left on the remf party! I was 5 tp 96-99 Ritchie T****s sect, Good mates with Geordie R***o and Del K**t
Check your PMs, mate - we may know each other...
 
#12
gladimout said:
Plaque needed!

Cant seem to find one anywhere!?!?
These lads might help, It was Defo an Elephant though.
I was in 29 which had a much more upmarket Pied Piper Emblem but then again we were a much more upmarket Sqn, you knew that didn't you :wink:

37 Sqn RE
 
#13
MacSapper said:
gladimout said:
Plaque needed!

Cant seem to find one anywhere!?!?
These lads might help, It was Defo an Elephant though.
I was in 29 which had a much more upmarket Pied Piper Emblem but then again we were a much more upmarket Sqn, you knew that didn't you :wink:

37 Sqn RE
I had a short spell in 29 also 94-95, I have a 29 plaque. Just never got around to investing in a 37 one, must've been the piss ups!!
 
#14
Now I do feel old as was there 70- 72. We were the first RE Regt to go into Belfast as infantry. Also played rugby and basketball for the reg - anyone around from those days?
 
#15
AB64PT2 said:
Now I do feel old as was there 70- 72. We were the first RE Regt to go into Belfast as infantry. Also played rugby and basketball for the reg - anyone around from those days?
Bit later in the decade about 78 went into South Armagh as infantry the Squadron were billeted in Middleton except for a troop in Keady, but was there when Magilligan went up.
 
#16
AB64PT2 said:
Now I do feel old as was there 70- 72. We were the first RE Regt to go into Belfast as infantry. Also played rugby and basketball for the reg - anyone around from those days?
Arrived there mid 72 and got an attachment to the REME LAD round the back of the block 2 days later.. Little fella with a very bad fitting uniform...
 
#17
Just out of interest...

When I tipped up at 37, I was told that it had a reputation as a squadron where most of the bad lads, misfits and assorted lunatics of the Corps would eventually wash up. It didn't seem all that bad to me so I'm wondering whether this was actually ever true?

Saying that, it was easy to identify 37 during regimental PT parades. 29 and 42 would be there looking fit and professional in their pressed squadron t-shirts whilst we would rock up in a mixed rag order of footie shirts and beer-stained t-shirts! Great days...
 
#18
wedge35 said:
Just out of interest...

When I tipped up at 37, I was told that it had a reputation as a squadron where most of the bad lads, misfits and assorted lunatics of the Corps would eventually wash up. It didn't seem all that bad to me so I'm wondering whether this was actually ever true?

Saying that, it was easy to identify 37 during regimental PT parades. 29 and 42 would be there looking fit and professional in their pressed squadron t-shirts whilst we would rock up in a mixed rag order of footie shirts and beer-stained t-shirts! Great days...
that was the info i was also given when i arrived there straight from the factory in the 80's & there were some pretty disturbed lads there BUT all good lads when you got to know them
 
#19
"that was the info i was also given when i arrived there straight from the factory in the 80's & there were some pretty disturbed lads there BUT all good lads when you got to know them[/quote]

37 Sqn only got better when they moved the bar down from the attic to the first floor but that was only after a clearing out roof running session..

Some cried, others died and some just floated away :)
 
#20
When I got there in Nov 89 the bar was well established in the bottom corridor. Still some strange lads there then and some really good blokes
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Sappers 6
Ventress Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 4
O Sappers 11

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top