37 Fd. Sqn. (As was !)

I served with 37 from '78 until '84, during that time, all the Sqn. vehicles and REME attached vehicles carried a stencilled-on image of a little galloping elephant. This little beastie also appeared on Sqn. sweatshirts.
Does anyone know if the Sqn, now Armoured, so I believe, still uses this Little Noddy, and if so where I can obtain a copy of him ?

I served with 37 from '78 until '84, during that time, all the Sqn. vehicles and REME attached vehicles carried a stencilled-on image of a little galloping elephant. This little beastie also appeared on Sqn. sweatshirts.
Does anyone know if the Sqn, now Armoured, so I believe, still uses this Little Noddy, and if so where I can obtain a copy of him ?
It was still in use in the 90s.I believe there was some post cards made,some featuring the elephant.I think they were took at ploce death camp in 95.

Don't know if the little yellow beastie still appears today but he does on the current sqn ties, must know you nutstrangler was in the sqn in 78.

37's emblem has changed at least twice since Nutstrangler's pic, still an elephant though. When i joined 35 in '99 it was a line drawing of an elephant, running right to left, in yellow. Around 2002 time it changed to a pic of the right hand half of an elephants head, face on if you see what i mean. I think it was done because the shape of the new emblem kind of resembles the shape of Africa, and 37 did 2 Ex Oakapples within about 9 months, although i could be wrong about the reason for the change.

37's emblem has changed at least twice since Nutstrangler's pic, still an elephant though. When i joined 35 in '99 it was a line drawing of an elephant, running right to left, in yellow. Around 2002 time it changed to a pic of the right hand half of an elephants head, face on if you see what i mean. I think it was done because the shape of the new emblem kind of resembles the shape of Africa, and 37 did 2 Ex Oakapples within about 9 months, although i could be wrong about the reason for the change.
Yes it's a copy of the line drawing that I'm after, if anyone can help.

**** it, and a few more while Im in the folder everyone loves a photo. Was a busy ******* tour with all kinds going on. Classic Ubique, everywhere or all over the place no one really knew...

Attachments

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
have a look at the Armoured engineers page on face book . some once has posted a video of tons of sqn badges and regimental ones as well.

Hey nutstrangler, did they make the new'ie posted in sprogs drink a Corps colours painted monkey full of random booze when you were at 37? I was wondering how it came about, or when it started?

Was a right of passage when I was there, amongst some other things that had to be done in the corridor pre-party every friday after green phys:)

Also, there was a scrap book in the Sqn offices going back years. Had some funny pictures in of 37 stretching back years. Well I say funny, but I bet the blokes doing what looked like a barmine layer race in what looked like 80s/early90s weren't ******* laughing haha.

Latest Threads