35 Sigs is on its arrse

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by miss_stephanie_broadchest, May 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Drill Night yesterday, me and 3 siggies of which one was traded. There were another 6 recruits, along with 2 seniors and an officer. It's often a similar saddening story at weekends. My reasoning for this the Regiment's policy of 'starting from scratch', i.e training soliders up from low level stuff iot be be fully prepared for camp. Problem is, we've got lots of traded/skilled soldiers who want to do their job on weekends, not just sit around with thumb up backside. The majority of us know what we are doing and how to do it. Only the newest siggy needs training. As a result, 35 Sigs is on it's arrse, with talk of squadrons being shut down. Any other TA units experienced difficult times? Anybody got any practical ideas on how to solve this problem?
  2. msr

msr LE

You might like to have a look at the IT training 33 are rolling out.

3. You get 13 on a parade night and complain ?
  4. MSB

where are you located, we had 13 on parade last night but thats our lowest turnout in months really
  5. msr, thanks, i'll look into it. 13 on parade is lame by our standards of old, and half of those are recruits who have their own training to do. We're based in the Stoke area, not exactly in the middle of no-where.
  6. At a city center TAC we had (all in) 30 plus another half dozen who are waiting to go into the system.
  7. We had about 8 privates parading (only half fully trained) for about 6 weeks! Improvise, adapt, overcome ;)
  8. whinger. yawn.
  9. It's half-term week; how many of the 'missing' have kids in school?

Plan school holidays into your training plans, and you can get the key things done when peope are in their normal routine, rather than tryng to reconnect with their kids or in a caravan in Porthcawl.
  10. Valid point angular, only it's been like this for some time now.
  11. Stop showing off, you're doing better than some.
  12. Oh well, in that case better chuck it in and join the infantry :wink:
  13. At the risk of attracting a shitload of "You can f*****g talk!!" :) , posting stuff about levels of training and numbers used to be the kind of thing they would shaft you for.
  14. Maybe you should re-badge and re-role. Not much left in Ptarmigan these days.
  15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

dupe post