35 sig regt

Hi, does any body know if there are any vacancies for a Signals Class one Tech at any of the squadrons with in 35 Sig Regt. I will be due posting upon completion of my course in september. Any help would be greatly received.

Best bet would be to ring the Regt. FoS direct and ask him. If left to MCM Div you'll not only get the wrong info they'll post you to Antarctica instead.

beerkeg said:
Hi, does any body know if there are any vacancies for a Signals Class one Tech at any of the squadrons with in 35 Sig Regt. I will be due posting upon completion of my course in september. Any help would be greatly received.
sorry this might be to late but nobody wants to serve at 35 sigs wot a sh1t hole ive recently left and glad to be at 30 so wot does that say to you!!!!!!!!

polar said:
why not try 37 aswell, at least some of their kit is from this century. (Yes they've got NCRS but they don't use it)
I'm serving at a Regular unit and very little of our kit is from this century. Most of it (Clansman, Ptarmigan etc) comes from the 20th century.

Did you mean to say that?

Don't be swayed by a unit because of the kit that it has

Be swayed by the fact that you will spend 2-3 years working your (girly) nuts off with people who have less time and trade knowledge than you

G3Ops said:
Don't be swayed by a unit because of the kit that it has....... any TA unit will be enioyable.
Don't agree with you on that, a reg Tech in a Ptarmigan unit will spend much of their time sorting kit out and filling in for missing switch bitches on exercises. Going to a Radio (NC) regiment involves far less tech work (clansman and most radio kit gets sent to others for repair with NCRS not being used very rarely so not requiring fixing). Also the NC regiments are quite invloved with IS, so that could be interesting. Also the lack of works means you can move into a more RD/Mil skills PSI role which can be interesting if your into that sort of thing

G3Ops said:
Be swayed by the fact that you will spend 2-3 years working your (girly) nuts off with people who have less time and trade knowledge than you
Really? (some not all) :twisted:

beerkeg said:
im there its good and yes i know there is a vacancy for a tech at 89 sig sqn in rugby, i love it and the guys are ok in fact ive seen some regs who are worse

bigballs said:
beerkeg said:
im there its good and yes i know there is a vacancy for a tech at 89 sig sqn in rugby, i love it and the guys are ok in fact ive seen some regs who are worse

you lair its sh1t you sit on your ass doing nothing but dodging op tours and waiting for mondays off get back to the real army!!!!

yep your right g3ops the corps screwed me royally but 18 years on still here and enjoying it how about you

cbcj3110 said:
cbcj3110
yep your right g3ops the corps screwed me royally but 18 years on still here and enjoying it how about you
18yrs........and loving it.

With your length of service I'm surprised at your negativity...........

G3Ops said:
cbcj3110 said:
18yrs........and loving it.

With your length of service I'm surprised at your negativity........... :?
not negativity the truth some sh1t units (as mentioned 3 div 35 sigs 600 tp attached i may add) but some great 1 div (verden) 20 bde (detmold) 4 div (herford) and 15 sigs i can only be honest how about you!

G3Ops said:
cbcj3110 said:
sorry this might be to late but nobody wants to serve at 35 sigs wot a sh1t hole ive recently left and glad to be at 30 so wot does that say to you!!!!!!!!
Treat them as arrogant arrseholes who won't turn up and you'll see that good old self-fulfilling prophecy as they go out of their way meet your expectations.
Says more about the permanent staff than the TA, a poor TA unit is a reflection on poor PSI's failing to set a standard. I have just left an outstanding TA regiment, run by some of the most commited and professional permanent staff from the CO down to the most junior Driver.

It's a cliche but it is what you make of it. In the words of a certain advert, Hate something, change something, make something better. It is one of the rare occasions in your career, especially as a newly promoted Sgt that you can shape the unit around you. Go for it, go with an open mind, be aware of the limitations but accept things for what they are. It is rewarding in the long run and you CAN make a difference if you are willing to meet the TA half way.

cbcj3110 wot it says to me (apart from an appalling command of the Queens English), is you decided it was the STAB's fault you were there, and you failed to utilise the available skills that the soldiers in your Sqn have, and spent your time counting the days until you were posted, instead of digging in and working for their benefit...

G3Ops said:
polar said:
G3Ops said:
Really? :twisted:
Yes really! If you disagree, by all means convince me.
i worked a little bit with 43V in Bath some of them had fantastic trade knowledge but it was limited because they only served in the job that sqn did unlike us who get moved around alot.

What i did find was in areas where they were lacking trade knowledge when we turned up from the regular parent unit to do inpections and such like, we ended up being there a lot longer than expected because they were so keen to learn.

A breath of fresh air after listening to the day to day whinging and apathy of the hangers

smoojalooge said:
but it was limited because they only served in the job that sqn did unlike us who get moved around alot.
Definitley seen that and it does cause some of weaker skills found in the TA (mainly in SNCO's). In other TA like Infantry units they are quite close to each other so posting to another coy (at Sgt and above) is quite common.
Also you'll got well recruited Sqns full of Sgts with no promotion hopes (cause other Sqns are too far away) but the weaker recruited Regiment next door struggling for suitable candidates.

Also many TA Sig Sqns don't have sqn YofS (reg or TA), think this leads to a weakening of operator trade skills. Then in other Sqns the TA YofS only have to do one operator trade, which is going to cause weaker YofS (I know of of few that have done or will becoming YofS after only being in the TA for 6 or so years - good guys but with so little experience).

Some units are so full of PSI's it leaves little for TA SNCO's to do other than helping out in the Mess, where they get much more responsibility.