33 too late to join?

Did you have rank before you left? I knew a chap who was out for a few years, came back having been a SSGT when he left and managed to get back in as a Cpl. He managed to bypass basic, only having to do BFT, CFT, etc and then he had to redo his trade class one course a few yers later he was back to SSGT.
No just a Gunner unfortunately, only 4 years service and I knew I was getting out at 4 years.

No just a Gunner unfortunately, only 4 years service and I knew I was getting out at 4 years.
Well, whatever you decide I wish you luck. Look at the reserves if you have a decent career now and just have a hankering for some time in uniform and the smell of the NAAFI. Some reservists can be kept, very, very, busy if they want - my Mrs had a lass (reserve Captain) who went off for 6 months to AFG - her hubby who was a regular LtCol was crapping himself on her behalf, he had done very pointy end stuff so knew the score.

If you have the qualifications why not stick your nose in for a reserve commission, you'll have more opportunities and your previous experience will help you tremendously.

Well, whatever you decide I wish you luck. Look at the reserves if you have a decent career now and just have a hankering for some time in uniform and the smell of the NAAFI. Some reservists can be kept, very, very, busy if they want - my Mrs had a lass (reserve Captain) who went off for 6 months to AFG - her hubby who was a regular LtCol was crapping himself on her behalf, he had done very pointy end stuff so knew the score.

If you have the qualifications why not stick your nose in for a reserve commission, you'll have more opportunities and your previous experience will help you tremendously.
Thank you, I do have qualifications perhaps enough for a commission. Most people are advising me to look at reservist. I think i've decided to goto selection and see how I feel after that, I'll get a tastier of what i'll be letting myself in for and hopefully it'll help provide an answer. Thank you again.

Thought I'd jump on the band wagon, I'm 24 and thinking I'd be late joining just because so many are younger. Is it common for older people to join?

Odd as the recruitment age was only raised from 26 to 33 in 2007.
Unless it was the RAF but, then, he wouldn't be WO2.
In 1989 we had a 32 year old ex guardsman in my intake. He was looking as a gob jockey IIRC. He was annoyingly excellent at bloody everything, except shaping his beret as he accidentally cut the band off instead of the lining out.
Modest man who didn't want to wear his NI medal on the pass off parade

Thought I'd jump on the band wagon, I'm 24 and thinking I'd be late joining just because so many are younger. Is it common for older people to join?
I joined at 23. Got best fitness in basic. I lived in Snowdonia before I joined up, so ran rather than shag sheep.
Did 25 years.
Was tabbing 10 miles with 72 kilo at 42.
Hipe that helps

Ps I didn't add a lot of stuff we did on that tab, as it would have put me off joining

Latest Threads