33 EOD - Whats the crack?

#1
Was wondering if anyone could give me a few details on the setup at 33 EOD? Ive just got a posting order through and ill be starting shortly. Im a fullscrew and a pad with 2 young kids. Im posted in as a Geo supporting the Regt. I have a few questions:

What are the quarters like?

Are the schools in the area decent?

Is there much to do in the local area?

Is it expensive to live? ( Im moving from NI)

I'll get some details from the HIVE but i think its better to get answers from people who have the experience. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Cheers
 
#7
I guess we aren't allowed to Edit the Patchpedia and add a singlies point of view : )

A decent guide whoever put that in, I see they even have a barber now at the Grim! lucky barstewards...

No guide as yet for the Patch at Waterbeach?
 
#8
thomo326 said:
Was wondering if anyone could give me a few details on the setup at 33 EOD? Ive just got a posting order through and ill be starting shortly. Im a fullscrew and a pad with 2 young kids. Im posted in as a Geo supporting the Regt. I have a few questions:

What are the quarters like?

Are the schools in the area decent?

Is there much to do in the local area?

Is it expensive to live? ( Im moving from NI)

I'll get some details from the HIVE but i think its better to get answers from people who have the experience. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Mate, use the spelling craic, rather than crack, you are a Sapper and therefore entitled to be a bit more sophisticated that the rest of the rag tag and bobtail we call the army. 8)
 
#9
thomo326 said:
Was wondering if anyone could give me a few details on the setup at 33 EOD? Ive just got a posting order through and ill be starting shortly. Im a fullscrew and a pad with 2 young kids. Im posted in as a Geo supporting the Regt. I have a few questions:

What are the quarters like?

Are the schools in the area decent?

Is there much to do in the local area?

Is it expensive to live? ( Im moving from NI)

I'll get some details from the HIVE but i think its better to get answers from people who have the experience. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Mate, use the spelling "craic", rather than crack, you are a Sapper and therefore entitled to be a bit more sophisticated than the rest of the rag tag and bobtail we call the army. 8)
 
#10
eodmatt said:
thomo326 said:
Was wondering if anyone could give me a few details on the setup at 33 EOD? Ive just got a posting order through and ill be starting shortly. Im a fullscrew and a pad with 2 young kids. Im posted in as a Geo supporting the Regt. I have a few questions:

What are the quarters like?

Are the schools in the area decent?

Is there much to do in the local area?

Is it expensive to live? ( Im moving from NI)

I'll get some details from the HIVE but i think its better to get answers from people who have the experience. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Mate, use the spelling craic, rather than crack, you are a Sapper and therefore entitled to be a bit more sophisticated that the rest of the rag tag and bobtail we call the army. 8)
than old bean - than not that :D
 
#11
Sorry about the double posts, its something to do with the internet here.
 
#13
Green boathouse !
 
#14
Gundulph said:
eodmatt said:
thomo326 said:
Was wondering if anyone could give me a few details on the setup at 33 EOD? Ive just got a posting order through and ill be starting shortly. Im a fullscrew and a pad with 2 young kids. Im posted in as a Geo supporting the Regt. I have a few questions:

What are the quarters like?

Are the schools in the area decent?

Is there much to do in the local area?

Is it expensive to live? ( Im moving from NI)

I'll get some details from the HIVE but i think its better to get answers from people who have the experience. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Mate, use the spelling craic, rather than crack, you are a Sapper and therefore entitled to be a bit more sophisticated that the rest of the rag tag and bobtail we call the army. 8)
than old bean - than not that :D
Um.. wot?? (Buggrit, cant find the smiley with the halo) :lol: (Hmm. a bit pssed, must be a special occasion) :D
 
#16
Give me a shout as I still live in the area, actually 2 mile from the camp gates
 
#18
Gundulph said:
re-stilly said:
Give me a shout as I still live in the area, actually 2 mile from the camp gates
You living in a tent in some farmers Turnip field then re-stilly?! :D
Either that or he runs the petrol station. Or perhaps that random antiques shop in the middle of nowhere that I suspect is a front for the triads or something...
 
#19
strawberrykettaz said:
eodmatt said:
Green boathouse !
Check PMs. Stand by, stand by.
PM returned, but RSVP schnell as I am almost down a bottle of JW Black Label 8)
 
#20
wedge35 said:
Gundulph said:
re-stilly said:
Give me a shout as I still live in the area, actually 2 mile from the camp gates
You living in a tent in some farmers Turnip field then re-stilly?! :D
Either that or he runs the petrol station. Or perhaps that random antiques shop in the middle of nowhere that I suspect is a front for the triads or something...
Slivovica - by the cringe that takes me back. That and "William". Cheers!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S RLC 133
clarkster Sappers 81
quiller Weapons, Equipment & Rations 4

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads