33 EOD Regt.

Want to join RE, specifically 33 EOD but after doing some reading I’ve got the impression that if I join the RE there’s a chance I won’t end up doing what I want to do (EOD). Can someone clarify the process of going from civilian to officer in 33 EOD? Cheers

What aspects of EOD do you want to be involved with?

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
May I be the first to welcome you to ARRSE and wish you well in your chosen career.

While not being an Engineer, some things are common to all soldiery.
The use of initiative
A safe bet
Alcohol.

Use your initiative and contact any form of Army careers advice centre, forum (official) web site.
A safe bet would be 33 EOD
Alcohol can be used to bribe 99.99% of the reprobates found on ARRSE, each will will give your their own separate and biased view of their past heroics.

Good luck

May I be the first to welcome you to ARRSE and wish you well in your chosen career.

While not being an Engineer, some things are common to all soldiery.
The use of initiative
A safe bet
Alcohol.

Use your initiative and contact any form of Army careers advice centre, forum (official) web site.
A safe bet would be 33 EOD
Alcohol can be used to bribe 99.99% of the reprobates found on ARRSE, each will will give your their own separate and biased view of their past heroics.

Good luck
Cheers I’ll do that

Didnt even know there were aspects but preferably defusing ieds etc

Then your best route for that is RLC Ammunition Technician, or RLC ATO.

However, if you go Officer then you will only spend a few years doing it, this will be intermingled with pushing trucks around, licking stamps, stacking or ensuring chefs burn the water correctly.

My advice (for what it’s worth) is if being an officer is your primary reason for joining go RE Officer.

If EOD is your primary reason for joining go Ammunition Technician.

Then your best route for that is RLC Ammunition Technician, or RLC ATO.

However, if you go Officer then you will only spend a few years doing it, this will be intermingled with pushing trucks around, licking stamps, stacking or ensuring chefs burn the water correctly.

My advice (for what it’s worth) is if being an officer is your primary reason for joining go RE Officer.

If EOD is your primary reason for joining go Ammunition Technician.
Would RE officers not get as much action doing EOD than RLC officers?

Would RE officers not get as much action doing EOD than RLC officers?
How old are you? I'm guessing you're still at school. If so you've plenty of time to research roles on the military.
Your time now would be better spent studying for qualifications and getting reasonably fit.

Latest Threads