33 Engineer Regiment (Search???!!!) - Who Edits this crap?!

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Gundulph, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking through the term Royal Engineers in Wikipedia and came across 33 down as Search, however 101 etc. as EOD. Probably the work of a STAB!

Royal Engineers in Wikipedia

Anyone admit to being the Editor with the grudge? :threaten:

2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Thought the whole point of wiki whotsit is that it is "self editing" in that anyone can post onto it.

Sounds like you might be talking yourself into a job!

3. LoL, didn't have a clue it could be Edited by anyone Chimera?!

4. Wikipedia is constructed by whoever registers on the site....I dont think that its a license to type whatever you want !

Not like Sappers - you cant get rid of Sappers!

5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Haven't a scooby mate. It took me months to work out how to post on here.

6. Wiki defeats me too.....
    Gundulph, I wonder if that definition was written by an idiot RSM at RSME a few years back, name escapes me - the one who sat on the RE Dress Committee and decided that EOD chaps should wear an ATO (yakk, spit etc) badge on their right upper sleeve. Fcukwit - I was working in DEODS at the time and this toad treated our Purple brethren like sh1t, especially in the mess.

7. Editing it is easy.

But im damned if Im getting waahed for it!

8. No idea Staaken,

Did You fellas win the follow on for the Danish Nudist Beach Clearance yet?

Lucky Barstewards!

Gundulph...

9. No mate - a local fish head consortium won it - at a crazy price. Give them a month or two and they'll be renegotiating the contract. And as for the nude beach - they were all fat germans - whatever they were wearing needed a fcuking good iron and some Robin starch, fnaar fnaar.......

10. 33 also do search as well as eod 58 fd sqn thats all they do every jollie going they get with excuse of venue search

11. perks of the job :?: :wink: :?: :wink:

12. yes week on pi ss in brighton def perk

13. Smiler you forgot the dancing in Perth! Now get your fat arse out around the grim so you can fit in your black kit:)

14. Make the most of it - now Home office has to pick up the tab in full it wont last - then 58 will have to trade in their black pyjamas for sandy stuff like the rest of the Sqns. Besides its not as if they actually get tasked to many jobs other than venue covers..........oh and Regtl visits :roll:

15. i worked with 58 from 49, doing search before the royal tournament. the bread van took 3 hrs to find earls court, search trained my arse