33, 34, 35 Signal Regiments to be merged?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Hellzapoppin, Jan 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. and just how many SNCOs / Offrs are having to apply for their own jobs at 33 Signal Regiment? Will their RHQ be disbanded?

'poppin

2. is this to create one super ptarmigan regt, even though its a out of date system or is this in readiness of a new system?

there RHQ is a bit of a hole so does it matter if it goes? i would think most of the people would be able to attend one of the other squadrons.

also as 33 is the lower number will that HQ not remain and the others dispand? (i think i am very very wrong here.)

I_G

3. Nice one, I can't really see anyone fighting to keep hold of the current batch of extremely helpful PSAO's at 33; a true testament to the Army of 30 years ago, good riddance.

Oh and your skill sets will be really helpful in the real world. See you in the dole queue.

4. Bitter eh?

5. geordieb673 i think your being a bit unfare, or have you served with all of 33s PSAOs?

i really only know one well enough to coment but he's ok and looks out for the squadrons interests as well as being helpful.

"a true testament to the army of 30 years ago", perhaps your right there :)

I_G

6. Yeah right, whoever told you that has got the wrong end of the stick. The role of 12 Sig Grp is to form a composite Signal Regiment if needed for operations, that does not mean all regiments in 12 Sig Grp are merging.

7. i thought i'd heard that people in 33 SR have to re-apply for their own jobs all the time, Officers as well?

maybe, after last year, they have to apply for their bounty's as well ??

Morale?

8. geordieb673
    wrote

Nice one, I can't really see anyone fighting to keep hold of the current batch of extremely helpful PSAO's at 33; a true testament to the Army of 30 years ago, good riddance.

Oh and your skill sets will be really helpful in the real world. See you in the dole queue.[/quote]

One of the PSAOs is in my sqn. I have been in the TA since 1982 and dealt with a number of PSAOs. If I had a problem he would be the 1st person I would ring, always very helpful and always puts the lads interest first. He is due to retire soon, this will be a sad loss. Geordie unless you know these people stop talking out of your backside!

9. Ha ha, you didn't see the papers in Liverpool last year then?

10. Have also heard that LCpls in 34 have had to send in a CV to get promoted to Cpl

11. I can see a lot of fighting to keep certain PSAOs in those squadrons. I'd completely trust most of them without reservation. But, by your comments, it looks as though there is a large amount of self selection going on within the PSAO contingent. So, in theory, merging the Signal Regiments would leave you with a better set of staff.

Aces.

12. One of the PSAOs is in my sqn. I have been in the TA since 1982 and dealt with a number of PSAOs. If I had a problem he would be the 1st person I would ring, always very helpful and always puts the lads interest first. He is due to retire soon, this will be a sad loss. Geordie unless you know these people stop talking out of your backside![/quote]

Well said JP. This PSAO is one of the best I have served with, he is a top bloke and is well respected by all in the sqn.

KiloArmy

13. Anyone told polar69 this!!!!!! sorry :wink:

14. :D :D :D Sorry polar69.

your a bad man WNB......