32 Year old Irish guy who would like to join the R.M.P

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ArtyBoy, May 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I have been on the BA website and according to the eligibility description I should be able to apply before I reach the age of 33. I am currently just over 32 and a half and have a few months until I turn 33.
    My problem is, even though I am technically eligible to apply, the BA website will not take applications from people who are older than 32.6 or so I have been told by the guys who answer questions live on the site.

Has anyone else come across this problem? It doesn't seem right that I am technically eligible to apply but can't.

Any help or insight on this matter would be much appreciated.
  2. As I understand it, you have to start phase 1 training before you are 33. The time it takes for applications, medicals, background checks etc. would make it extremely difficult for that. Probably why the application cut off age 32.6.
  3. It could well be that exbleep. But that being said, surely there should be some notification on the website, currently it officially states applicants are eligible up until they're 33.
    I have a few months to go before that and if lucky could probably get a place, I guess I'm just a bit frustrated that I'm still technically eligible but yet can't apply.
  4. Get down the careers office and bang In an application, if they put you through I'm sure they would let it slip.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Serious question, don't you have to be a UK citizen for RMP?
  6. 160 had a fijian when I was on attachment...

Walter E, came to 253 from the Royal Australian Military Police...
  7. No, im also Irish and was allowed to put RMP down as my second choice.Just as long as you got the equivlant grades in school as the ones needed in the gcse
  8. Thanks chaps, not sure where I'd picked that up from.
  9. Don't you mean O'Grades?

[Hint - translate my forum name into Irish to find the my name]
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Actually, it does:
    16 years - In Army phase 1 training before your 33rd birthday
  11. I think there is a careers office in Belfast, could I just rock up to them and go in or do you have to make contact first.
  12. Dunno mate, not sure how Province ACIOs work
  13. I think you missed my point, I meant in regard to the apparent non ability for eligible applicants to apply if they're over 32.6 years of age.
  14. Waiting list for RMP is extremely long any how. I am 31 and there is no way I would have definitely got in before my 33rd if I was going RMP. I have gone infantry (first choice anyhow) and start phase 1 four months after sending my app. So I would not hope to get into RMP any other way than TA.