32 Sqn RAF Northolt

32 were a comms squadron in the 80s. Queen's Flight at Benson did the local Ascot jobs, whilst 10 did the long haul gigs. We used to transform some right sheds off the line in to gleaming aerial conveyances of opulence for Brenda & Co.

I've been on (and worked on) some top end kites, from royals, VIPs, Saudi princes and emirs - ranging from tasteful and classy to flying gin palaces. I went on Reagan's VC-137, and worked on the Aga Khan's and Al Fayed's Gulfstreams. But by far, the classiest of all was Merkel's A310, which is what one would expect from a former commie I suppose.

I'd have lost money on the choice being a Falcon 900.
Perfect choice allowing the crews to transfer seamlessly to a well paid civvy job.
Whats not to like.

Wasn't she trying to get a replacement not so long ago as it was always breaking down?

Mutti has 2 A340s which have had technical issues. Early build ex Lufthansa jets. The replacement? 3 shiny new A350s. The service entry of the latter has been protracted.

The situation as of the evening of Wednesday 23rd February,
Resident notes

ZE700 BAe 146 CC.2 32(TR) Sqn Retirement immenent
This airplane flew it's final "training flight" to Calvi departing on the 22nd and returning home today, 23rd February. There should only be one more flight for this bird, and that's to Saint Athan for preservation.
ZE701 BAe 146 CC.2 32(TR) Sqn already departed to Duxford on the 24th January

ZE707 BAe 145 C.3 32(TR) Sqn NOH12 departed to Cranfield at 11:37 via a missed approach at Newcastle.
ZE708 BAe 145 C.3 32(TR) Sqn The last survivor. This bird has about seven trips left before her military career ends.

Last edited:
The situation as of the evening of Wednesday 23rd February,
Resident notes

ZE700 BAe 146 CC.2 32(TR) Sqn Retirement immenent
This airplane flew it's final "training flight" to Calvi departing on the 22nd and returning home today, 23rd February. There should only be one more flight for this bird, and that's to Saint Athan for preservation.
ZE701 BAe 146 CC.2 32(TR) Sqn already departed to Duxford on the 24th January

ZE707 BAe 145 C.3 32(TR) Sqn NOH12 departed to Cranfield at 11:37 via a missed approach at Newcastle.
ZE708 BAe 145 C.3 32(TR) Sqn The last survivor. This bird has about seven trips left before her military career ends.

Was at the Sunset Ceremony and Reception yesterday afternoon and evening.
It was organised and carried out beautifully.

The RAF Band really are very, very good. The Sqn Marched Past very well, all in good time.
( I do get a strange feeling every time I see my daughter marching with an assault rifle and bayonet fixed, for some reason or other .... ).
The BA146 Fly past was spot-on timing as well.

Then back to the Officers Mess for drinkies and speech from the Sqn CO ( or whatever they call it. ) who was a very attractive lady with a large chest full of medals.
This was followed by a really good curry - and free Bar all evening - with much hilarity.

Excellent evening - Well done RAF Northolt.

Was at the Sunset Ceremony and Reception yesterday afternoon and evening.
It was organised and carried out beautifully.

The RAF Band really are very, very good. The Sqn Marched Past very well, all in good time.
( I do get a strange feeling every time I see my daughter marching with an assault rifle and bayonet fixed, for some reason or other .... ).
The BA146 Fly past was spot-on timing as well.

Then back to the Officers Mess for drinkies and speech from the Sqn CO ( or whatever they call it. ) who was a very attractive lady with a large chest full of medals.
This was followed by a really good curry - and free Bar all evening - with much hilarity.

Excellent evening - Well done RAF Northolt.
Very glad you enjoyed the day and, yes, OC 32 is very lovely.

Very glad you enjoyed the day and, yes, OC 32 is very lovely.

As was her predecessor, CV. Thinking about it, this may mean that 32 is the first where a female OC has handed over to another female OC (not, granted that there’ve been that many female bosses to date).

And now the AW109SP are up for replacing …

Cheers
D66F3DA1-7956-4823-9600-C777AE6920B3.jpeg

Job jobbed.