32 Engr Regt!! Nominal Roll!

In my day it was 32 Armd Eng Regt. Vic Grecki (deceased) also served with the regt at that time.

engineerwog said:
we actually both started as sigs, me and tops.

The came to the darkside.

Put no weight and never looked back

Woggy

Nothing wrong with Sigs (except Scaleys) :D

bluntslane said:
engineerwog said:
we actually both started as sigs, me and tops.

The came to the darkside.

Put no weight and never looked back

Woggy

Nothing wrong with Sigs (except Scaleys) :D

Coming from you, that shocks me! :lol:
Especially as you were our boss! 8)

panzermeyer

Old-Salt
engineerwog said:
Yeah thats right, was Recce with Tojo & Scotty as well, wally Op was always Tops.

Very good days but a drunken blur????

Yes to both final points!!

I recall that within my first couple of months of being out at 26 I crewed as a wally op for both Tojo and Scotty. Two top blokes to work with, particularly for a newbie.

Sapper 11 Troop 77 AES 85 - 88...... Lived in MV.... Hello to Rick G, Nick P, Spike, Jock N, Scouse A, Taff W, Mo M and lots more whose faces I remember but the names have faded.... Still got my "Ollie Reed Quaffers Club " sweatshirt in the loft. Used to "cabby" Ssgt Alex..... around Soltau in my Spartan. Left the army and joined the RMR ... Was on an excercise in Scotland when the 1st GW kicked off ... Saw a bridgelayer on the news and was sure it was Taff Jones s.... Proud to tell my "booty" mates about my time as an Armoured Engineer.... Soltau in mid January was a lot colder than Norway !! Hello also to Topoff and Gaz F (26AES and 31AES) who I did my basic training with at Gib Barracks !

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
31 AES 1970/74 Hohne and Osnabruck , wiley op Gunner 10 ba 09 we kept all those nasty Russians a bay for you lads .

I sacrificed my liver so you lot could be free .

ginsters

Clanker
I loved Hohne. I spent the first few years as a UK soldier but Germany was something else. I went to 6Tp 31AES and I can honestly say that the blokes were awesome and so was the management. Sqn parades at the Sqn bar at 1400 on Fridays where the bosses totally chilled out and got bladdered with the rest of us. On exercise it was work hard play hard and always some beer or baileys knocking around on one of the NBC packs of the heavy "a"s. Trips to BATUS every year, tax free cars, cheap beer, geeros mitt pommes, tax free petrol. That's what I joined for. A posting back to UK ended my holiday and got out.

ginsters

Clanker
1998 to 2000 in 6 Troop 31 AES, then 2000 to 2003 in 39 AES.

Civvy "what were you in?" Me "the Royal Engineers" Civvy "oh the REME" Me "shut up you ****!"

NevG

Clanker
AVRE and bridgelayer commander on my last posting at Munsterlager. Previously at 2 AES Iserlohn as part of Cent bridgelayer crew and FSC driver.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using ARRSE mobile app

Fitter Cpl in 11 Tp - 77 Sqn - Munsterlager 91 - 93.

moved to B Shop in 26 Sqn in 93 for 10 months after promotion to Sgt.

Came back as Q man in 77 Sqn Fitter sect Hohne 1998 - 2000.

Moved with 77 to Paderborn but then moved into Wksp main.

Well happy days in Monkeylager, not the same when i got back to the Sqn in Hohne though. Armd Tp fitter Cpl, one of the best jobs i ever had. A great craic and lots of good times. None of the battle groups we were attached to ever knew what to do with us, so we pretty much made it up as we went along. Still no complaints from any of them as they always had the bridge down or gap filled when they wanted it.

Still see some of the guys from the Munsterlager days every now and then although they are all about out now.
i wass 11 troop 90-95 whos this ?

Latest Threads