• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

32 engr reg, hohne.

Should be on my way to 32 this year, searched around for threads on the reg but found nothing...

Just wanted to know whats it like over there? accom? Scoff ect?

Cheers
Lg

The blocks aren't great (they were due to be upgraded but that won't happen now due to SDSR) but you won't be charged much for it. The central cookhouse is miles away from your accom so buy youself a microwave!

Do you know which Sqn you're due to join?

The blocks aren't great (they were due to be upgraded but that won't happen now due to SDSR) but you won't be charged much for it. The central cookhouse is miles away from your accom so buy youself a microwave!

Do you know which Sqn you're due to join?
They were telling that to us when I left there in 2002!!!!!... Beleive it when you see it! ;)

There are two whorehouses across the road. "Ooh La La's" and "Candy Club"...
The local town used to be a good night out, but that was about 8/9 years ago. The main pub on garrison is The Oak.
It's not a bad posting if you plan on getting around to see Europe on the weekends etc... ;0)

There are two whorehouses across the road. "Ooh La La's" and "Candy Club"...)
There is actually 3. The 3rd is called Paradise club.

Hohne isnt a bad posting. Bergen (the local town) is shite but it is close to some larger German cities. Accomadation is mainly 2/3 man rooms. Cookhouse isnt to bad, but just quite far away from the block's. The snow has melted now but it could always come back.

The regiment are deplying on Herrick 14 in the next few weeks, so there might be nobody here when you tip up.

Which Squadron are you joining? ( 2, 26, 31, 39)

Accomodation was OK in 60's,solid and warm,might have gone downhill since then.We were in adjacent blocks in 11H,MB 38 to be precise.Well remember someone from 26 AES lobbing molotov cocktail on Churchill AVRE that had been ceremonially saluted earlier in the day.Cookhouse was set on fire same night.Might give you some insight as to what you are in for.Good Luck.

Accomodation was OK in 60's,solid and warm,might have gone downhill since then.
Probably hasnt been updated since then.

We were in adjacent blocks in 11H,MB 38 to be precise.Well remember someone from 26 AES lobbing molotov cocktail on Churchill AVRE that had been ceremonially saluted earlier in the day.Cookhouse was set on fire same night.Might give you some insight as to what you are in for.Good Luck.
Its calm copared to that.

my posting is 32 not sure what sqn yet i still have my trade course to do so wont be out for probably a year yet, just wondering what its like out there anything different to what it says in this thread? whens the next tour due ? thanks.

my posting is 32 not sure what sqn yet i still have my trade course to do so wont be out for probably a year yet, just wondering what its like out there anything different to what it says in this thread? whens the next tour due ? thanks.
Most people's postings change whilst on your trade course, not definite but worth bearing in mind that it's likely to be the case.

If you come out of Hohne main gate and turn left as if you were heading to town, after about 300 yards you will see a small selection of farm type buildings on the right off the main road.

A German gentleman called Frank resides in one of the buildings, and owns a bar above a trike/performance bike workshop.

If you are into your bikes, that is the man to see to get lots of shiny/go faster stuff for your machine....everytime I went on tour, Frank would look after my bike and fit all the gubbins to it ready for when I came back.There is also a suzuki dealer at the back of Hohne town and another Yamaha dealer if you turn right out of camp and head down the road about 10km ....i I recall.

However, as i was last there in 2002....these could well be out of date bollocks....if Frank is still there, say hello to him from Andy, the British Soldier who had his Bandit 1200 spray painted satin black and rebuilt there.

hey, was posted there for 7 yrs,31 sqn. left in 1999. could be a better barracks but theres enough to do there if you're into sports etc. place is big, accom not great but i was married so lived in bergen. cookhouse was to the left of the parade square back then which was close to 31 sqn accom, a shitter if you are 26 sqn though! there was one whore house opposite the main gate and a rover dealership run by a pr!&k called karl (avoid), and a mechanic who would rather rip you off than repair a car. fallingbostel was 20-25 mins away via the tank roads. the roundhouse which used to house the naafi etc was returned to state and a new building constructed for the naafi opposite. the royal oak bar was halfway up the hill just down from the rcmp (of course) on the way to the naafi. there was also a car dealer by the roundhouse that dealt with most makes of car and occasional used cars which were usually the ex sqn shitters so avoid them. to summarise, its not too bad a posting... you will be kept busy with excices and tours and maybe batus (canada) if you,re lucky. the next nearest local town was 'celle' which was a lot better for shopping etc and had the p.o.w regt in the local barracks when i was there. 'hamburg' has the 'reeperbahn' which is a famous red light area and clubs plus shopping along with 'hanover'. the tax free goods, loa and cheap beer will make you smile so grin and bear it. it is what you make it. get out in your spare time and visit europe. enjoy. p.s.... the calais rally was always fun on the way home on leave. the cops dont chase if you could top 140mph plus some of the autobahn is derestricted!!!!!

Latest Threads