32 BK 35 Humber Flying Pig

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by IMP, Oct 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IMP

IMP Swinger

Hi to all
    I have just acquired a very nice vehicle and I am looking for some info on its history. Can anyone give me some information.

Attached Files:

2. IMP

IMP Swinger

Me again

Can anyone tell me when the "wings" on the pig had the sheeting and perspex added.

3. Nice Pig, how much that sting you? If you don't mind me asking

4. IMP

IMP Swinger

5. Wow, that takes me back a few years. Sorry, I have record of the veh numbers of the pigs we had. But, nice to see one all dressed up with the wings attached. We used to remove them and only fit them when needed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bargain!! I think the wings came out for the Mk2 in the mid-70's but don't quote me. Quality wagon though

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We didnt see many flying ones by 83 but we had the newer caged amour and one with a roof hatch for top cover that year. Also in 86-88 the one in XMG had a ferret Turret still.

8. IMP

IMP Swinger

Thanks for the info, now another question. I want to kit my pig out for a particular time but I am not sure when. Can anyone suggest a time considering the "later" style wings. I also need to know what equipment would have been carried as I am not familiar with the equipment schedule. I would ask that you consider the "personal" items not on schedules but brought with the vehicle. Can anyone advise

9. HHH

HHH LE

Here, hold on a minute, I've just seen your location, you're not planning to invade us, up north, are you ? :)

10. IMP

IMP Swinger

Wouldn't dream of it. But I am gradually bringing things down my way. SHORLAND, PIGLET, Landrover FFR etc

• Like Like x 1
  11. Should have hung on to the Puma that found itself down Monaghan way.

12. Springfield Road Police Station, July-Dec 79 [first of the 6th monthers] we didn't have any pigs decorated like that
    Best mod i ever saw was the grid iron over the mirrors, however, can't date them either

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Hmmm I can smell the paint and oil still. We always carried a wet blanket sealed in a heavy grade black polythene type cover for those unfortunate to get petrol bombed. Oh and a BCF.

Some mornings its hardly worth chewing through the straps!

14. bloody hell takes me back seeing that, ive got a handbook from one of my NI tours **** knows why i kept it. Pm me and ill dig it out for you

15. IMP

IMP Swinger

Maybe it is still up there. If you know where it is I may be able to get it