31 AES THE NEW SQN.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer

Any of you lot remember when 31 aes was formed out of the best bits of 2, 26, and no one traing regt .?
I joined Xmass 1970 on a frozen evening to be met by a drunken tojo having a punch up with someone. Me and snorsey were straigt from training and by god were we new.
Happy daze, from Red Zing in the Naffi to a bottle of pernod a day in the crowbar. I remember beeb and Butlins discovering that i had real german cash on me in the new year and promptly took me out to the qualle to spend it on a good nite out , for them !! Mind you Butlins took the hump when he had to contribute to the cab fare home as they had skinted me . :)
anyone remember I ?
ps dont worry about my spelling .
A. I am dyslesic A. i am a crap typist. :p :p

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
nah sorry mate, i left in 75 and have only just recovered . :lol:

sirbhp said:

Any of you lot remember when 31 aes was formed out of the best bits of 2, 26, and no one traing regt .?
I joined Xmass 1970 on a frozen evening to be met by a drunken tojo having a punch up with someone. Me and snorsey were straigt from training and by god were we new.
Happy daze, from Red Zing in the Naffi to a bottle of pernod a day in the crowbar. I remember beeb and Butlins discovering that i had real german cash on me in the new year and promptly took me out to the qualle to spend it on a good nite out , for them !! Mind you Butlins took the hump when he had to contribute to the cab fare home as they had skinted me . :)
anyone remember I ?
ps dont worry about my spelling .
A. I am dyslesic A. i am a crap typist. :p :p
I'd moved to Tidworth when this was going on, but I remember Tojo. When I got back I was at Monkeylager with 26 as orderly Cpl, then I was transfered to the re formed 31 sqn where I remained for 5 years before getting posted to Waterbeach in Cambridge.

I still miss the days in Armoured even 22 years later

Nev