31, 36, 39 and 38 SR - whos next?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Apr 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Anyone fancy a sweepstake?

2. My bet is the rest of 2(NC)... what are we for exactly? I'm an RS Op, and have no idea what we train for... we used to do MACA, but it turns out the blue light peeps have better comms kit than us.

3. MSR, for once I'm dissappointed with you. I don't think its right to gloat at the demise of others. Sorry mate, I expected better.

4. msr

msr LE

Not a gloat - see my other posts on the subject.

Seemed in keeping with the way this has all been handled...

5. Two and a half thousand TA RSigs to go? Feck me. Who needs comms in conflict, eh? Next they'll be saying we don't need TA medics either. Erm...

Very sorry to hear it.

6. Sorry, I understand now. Just very angry about the whole thing. Too many on here seem to think its great that the axe fell on someone else.

All the best

WH

7. You don't get told any more even if you're one of the "lucky" ones :roll:

8. the highland and lowland signal regiments will probably be in the firing line soon?

9. msr

msr LE

If it is handled in the crassly insensitive way that this one was, you will hear it in the House of Commons first, about 4 hours before you parade on a drill night...

10. There will probably be one Regt in the north, one in NI (so 40SR), one in London and one elsewhere, the Midlands would be my guess.

And hopefully their CO's will have sometime to find out and let their chaps know before the Sun prints it first :cry:

11. No wonder there were so many PXR points fed down from RHQ, on my last Regimental Ex.....the higher Ech were too busy looking on DII for a new posting!!

Tough break for the first three, but think back to the re-org (Units disbanding, rebadging the Inf etc).....we may well be underestimating the one-eyed Jock and his gobernments long-term plan for the reserves!!

The thing is, how many Units actually have all people on the books tip up on parade nights? So many people have said it before but just sack those who you never see after they've been attested, and those who can't pass their MATTs! That should bring the number down considerably.

12. That happened in 1967, the scottish regiment is safe so far - but sounds like everyone' jackets are on a shoogly peg!

Starting to think the duke is actually the CGS not a 4 para OC!!!

13. We'd be infinetly better off if he were!