30SR Mobile Phone Coverage

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by SouthernScaley, Jul 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm posted to 30 later this year. Can anyone tell me which mobile providers have the best coverage in Bramcote and which ones to avoid?

Made the mistake before of getting to Blandford and finding only Vodafone works.

Cheers in advance everyone!

2. I've checked some coverage maps already and they all say they're good. But you're right - not to be trusted. Was looking for advice from someone who's there at the mo.

3. there is an O2 mast just outside of the camp (and its full of antenna) so i would hazard a a guess, 02 Orange and or Vodafone will be on it.

4. T-Mobile Data works better than Vodafone! (1.5Mbs v 56Kbs)

5. I have an ASDA mobile and it works fine.

6. Cleary a sign of today's modern Army. Sadly gone are the days when a young man - on receiving his first posting - would ask: what's the role of the regiment, what's the local taggy like and what sports are played. OK maybe not so much the first query, but certainly the latter two.

7. "Sadly gone are the days when a young man - on receiving his first posting - would ask: what's the role of the regiment, what's the local taggy like and what sports are played. OK maybe not so much the first query, but certainly the latter two."

1 - Role of Regiment makes no real difference whether you like it or not, for a Siggy it's always going to be pretty much the same.

2 - Local Taggy - Can't ring 'em if your mobie doesn't work.

3 - You'll be told on Wednesday what sports you're playing , or you could ring up a mate at the unit and ask... but not not if his phone doesn't work...

:p

8. How did we ever survive?

9. I know the feeling and as a faded Cold War relic m'self, I see your point but we should accept that times change and thus the mobie is an essential part of every well heeled young scalies kit...

The days of nicking a call home by sabotaging the DEL's on a supply run are over it would seem. Just as well really when you think that DBP have some humoungus unpaid phone bills :roll:

10. Airwave - absolutely fooking spot on.

11. At least it's a comms question that they asked. :)

12. I found the payphones on Bramcote always had excellent coverage.

Except when that drunk driving tawt parked his sh1t Saxo over the BT phone cupboardy green thing jobby that was just up the road from the camp gates. :D Apparently do 70-80 as you turn off the main road doesn´t work, and you end up explaining to the local plod why your car is about 50m in to a farmers field!!!!

13. Airwave works over 02 network, so if you're near a training area I reckon 02 is a good bet.

14. Incorrect. Airwave works over the Airwave network. It has nothing to do with o2...