30miles in 8hrs with a 36lb bergen

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by smudge5611, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

On saturday 26/6/10, I am taking part in a challenge to complete 30 miles in 8 hours with a 36lb bergen.

We have a team of five soldiers,five police officers, five firefighters and two mountain rescue people. We are tabbing from Fulwood barracks,Preston to Bolton town hall, setting off at 06:00 and aiming to arrive at 13:30-14:00.

I appreciate that there are very many people raising money for a variety of good causes,but if anybody is in the vicinity of Bolton,Lancs this saturday,please feel welcome to see us hobble into the town square!

If anyone would like to donate to Help for Heroes for this event, please go to www.justgiving.com/boltonelite.

All donations gratefully accepted as will a pint or two afterwards will be also!

Cheers Smudge

2. Yer a mad man, if I can get out of work I'll be around to abuse/cheerlead/buy a pint (water do you?).

3. Cheers S-A

Mad and stoooooooopid

Spread the word please

Ta

4. I admire the effort and support the cause too !! Well done to you and the rest of the team taking part in this, and best of luck.

I will happily donate, but only get paid on wednesday, so hopefully your JustGiving page doesn't expire before then! Plus, I'll be sure to spread the word about this tabbing expedition!

5. Just wanted to say Good luck to you and the team for tomorrow!!

6. msr

msr LE

You should bump into the team who are running from Winter Hill to the town hall :)

7. Which group are running from Winter Hill, I was only up there tonight with the dog, daughter wants to go to Manchester, I would like to go to Bolton.

8. msr

msr LE

Some guys from my Battery.

msr

9. Tough by proxy? :-D

10. Good luck guys . donation on its way .

11. So that's 600rds of 7.62 4 BIT, who's carrying the Jimpy?

Best of luck, and tape your feet before you go!

12. Just a quick post event note to thank those that took an interest.

We did it within the timescale,but i havent found out the exact time, I was too fooked to be bothered.
    I didnt make it to the pub afterwards,once i took my boots off, i could hardly walk,so retired to a sunlounger where beer was brought to me all evening (by a naked beauty.......sorry,that was my dreaming!)

Unfortunately one of the lads doing the run,and he was expected to win, actually collapsed (it was very hot). he was taken to hospital,and on monday was blue-lighted to jimmy's in leeds,where he is said to be stable. Our thoughts are with him,hoping for a full recovery, it seems to be a liver issue.

Many thanks for all and any donations.There is a possibility of doing this again next year,so i'll be begging again.

Cheers

Smudge

edited because i am crap with computers!

13. My thoughts are with the lad for a speedy recovery! Keep us updated on this please.

Again, well done to you all for doing this, and a donation from me, has just been made.

SG

14. Cheers S-G.

15. just done - looking forward to seeing the neon pink nails :)