308 Brass

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Blodders, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Title says it all really, I'm after a source of cheap (boxer primed) 308 brass.

Anyone got hints for a good supplier?

Ta for any help
  2. HPS Target Rifles list once fired Boxer MEN brass for £10.25 per 100. I've not used it myself though.
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Not familiar with that - any idea how tough it is?

I'm looking for some rugged stuff to put through my new L1A1 SLR, but I still want to reload it.

.308/7.62 is expensive in France as military calibres are not very popular due to the extra paperwork involved.
  4. I use Prvi Partisan .303 and the brass seems to be very good.

In the UK the importer retails brand new .308 brass at £29.15 per hundred.
  5. It's German NATO spec brass, so I would say that it's probably ideal for use in an SLR.

HPS use it to load their 'Target Master' match ammunition, so there's nothing wrong with the quality either.

I suspect though, that the brass is probably thicker than say Lapua, so the capacity may be somewhat lower. This is just my speculation though!
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'm happy to take thicker walls, although I have not decided on a bullet and load yet, I was going to start with some 150g matchkings for a baseline.

I can see me getting through quite a bit of ammo...... :oops:

Not much about MEN on Jerry google, but if they are a contracted military producer that is not surprising at the moment.
  7. Cheers for the help, that MEN sounds just the ticket, I'm only looking at stalking and some lighthearted target work, a couple of hundred tough cases should see me till I'm in a box.
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Danke! Leider keine Grosshändlerliste....
  9. Magtech .308 costs about 30 quid for a hundred, and since it's boxer primed it should be quite easy to reload.
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Got to be cases only I'm afraid - I only have .308/7.62 on my French ticket and its tres expensive there.....
  11. Just asking on the MEN ammo, all the stuff ive used to my knowledge is Berdan primed . Do they do Boxer primed cases?
  12. Yes they do.