308 Article Laurie Holland

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by target, Jun 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I have been reading the Article in Target Shooter Magazine by Laurie Holland, fascinating article and so in-depth that I am looking through the back issues that he has written on this on the 308. If you Google Target Shooter your find their website.
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Yeah I know.
    By the third installment I was about to quit handloading forever and just buy factory - by the forth I lost the will to live.
    Therapy, (blatting loads of rounds off and not caring about the precise velocity at all) has cured me to a point.
  3. Yes wonderful - 8 installments so far and we are still waiting for some recommended loads.

Seriously, I enjoy Holland's articles, but it's pretty clear that to him the journey is more fun than the result!
  4. I didn't no there were 8 instalments I got some heavy reading to do just as well they have the past issues available :)
  5. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

It started back in Nov and finished this month. Well worth reading though it still won't stop me experimenting with different weights, loads, and barrel twists. All part of the fun of it.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its not one of those sort of articles which spends ages trying to prove that factory ammo and standard barrels are best by boring you with innnate minute details about factory without ever looking at a handload or wildcat chamber to compare?
    If so I'll save my blood pressure.