Discussion in 'Sappers' started by FAILED_BOOTNECK, Mar 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive just looked back over this post and frankly i was talking sh*t. i decided i didn't like the marines and should have gotten over it rather than worrying whether id be tough enough for all arms para/commando. Ignore it all.

2. "Before you can become a Paratrooper in the Royal Engineers you must first complete Soldier, Combat Engineer and Trade Training."

From Here

3. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

4. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Ah, sos Orpheus - beat me to it!

5. No worries :D

6. Well that's cleared that one up then!

"Not got a chip on you're shoulder by any chance..."

Probably.

But Ive got something to prove to myself as I know I could of hacked the commando course. I just didn't wanna live in a ditch and yomp up mountains for the rest of my career.

7. If you could have hacked the commando course why didnt you, people try and use other excuses for not doing it! You can always do it again in the Engineers with 59, don't expect 9 sqn to be much different!

8. why did you leave the marines? if you don't mind me asking!!

I have serveral mates in the Marines and they get treated (careerwise and money and well everyway) better than we ever did!!

if you didn't like seriving in the marines then maybe the army might not be the job for you!!

9. Ignore it all. I was talking shit.

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

F-B,

Thats right, all of the 23 Regt RE guys in 16 Bde get a minumum of straight 8 every night, it never rains when they are on exercise, begans carried for them, fresh hot food delivered every day....

Or back in the real world, they live in the same conditions as the infantry soldiers they support whilst on exercise or ops. Certainly the section I had integrated into my platoon on Telic did.

Quick reality check needed, perhaps?

11. Not living outside for a career?? Do you think it is any different elsewhere in the Army especially if you do decide to do P Coy, regardless of what you do you will spend the majority of your time living outside when on exercise. If you could piss the commando course join 59 Cdo Sqn Royal Engineers!! You seem to have an image that just the infantry tab piss wet through in winter with very little sleep!! I would question your motives.

12. My mate broke 4 bones in his foot on the 30 miler at about the 8 miles point then fell over at the 20 mile point and fractured his ankle and still finished it, but I suppose that is why he is still in the marines and your not.

the whole purpose of being a marine is to prove your fitness and metal strength, that is why opted to be a piss head in the engineers rather than put my self through all that poo!!
    but I found out during training that it is much the same as the marines but they cram it all in to a shorter period of time that's all!!

13. I think you are trying to fool as yourself as to why you couldnt mentally pass CTC, airborne engineer is near enough infantry anyway! As said by the Duke, reality check!!

14. Ignore it all.

15. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Ok then F_B, start (and finish) your basic and trade training, then pass all arms P Coy and come back and tell us all about it!

If not, I am not sure I can give much credibility to your statement that it is "just fizz" based on your huge 3 weeks experience.