300 Troops to Ivory Coast - TCH

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ViroBono, Nov 11, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

BBC News 24 have just said that TCH has announced that 300 UK forces will deploy to Ivory Coast to evacuate some 400 British citizens.

Apparently TCH gave no more details 'for operational reasons'. Or was it because he was out of the loop again?

2. Does the honourable (?) Secretary of State for Defence ever have his finger on the pulse :roll:

3. We're going to be down to deploying Cadets soon ffs. 8O

TCH IS A CNUT. TCH IS A CNUT. TCH IS A CNUT. TCH IS A CNUT.

4. My sentiments exactly, which cadets are you on about OTC or ACF, CCF.

I did wonder if they were going to drop the age of front line service 8O 8O 8O 8O

5. 307

307 War Hero

UN human rights say you only have to be 15 to be called up for service! Gonna take up a few helis to isn't it.

6. AAC :D

7. Cnut :wink:

I meant ACF, wouldn't trust OTC to tie their own shoe laces :lol:

8. instead of ACF (bless their cotton socks, no disrespect) What about us youngish ex servicemen who have given up on civvi life and would love a chance for the green again.

Ask and you shall get a favourable response.

Johno

9. Well we wouldn't have to worry about dress and kit for the ACF as their parents do most of it :wink: :arrow:

10. What about some of us not-so-youngish ex bods? Minds you I dont know if Warriors have the correct fittings for storing my carpet slippers and pipe rack.........

11. Surely a job for the men in black?

12. Aye its true, am on 48hrs ntm as of yesterday. Not like the french to lose control of a situation!! Just hope the septics don't get involved before we've got all the ex-pats out. 8)

13. Send Stumpy

14. btw, is vthere any oil in the place? Just want to know in case it turns into an occupation,"to ensure the freedom and liberation of the people"!! :?