300 IRA members to fight convictions and seek compensation

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Whiskybreath, Aug 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently most of the rebublican prisoners who were locked up at the Kesh were completely innocent, or more accurately, were brutally tortured into confessing their involvement in acts which they had no part, and will be seeking appropriate compensation for their unjustified incarceration.

Strange, this, given that together with Slugger O'Toole, I can find no mention of Morrison's conviction being overturned - I can't think of any good reason why it should be, either, given his role in the kidnap.

However, I'm sure that the lawyers will once again be planning for larger yachts and retirement properties in the Caribbean on the back of this.
  2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

They'll win as well! And this gutless excuse for a Government will pay millions to them!!!
    Paid for by the lives of all the Servicemen & women,Police & civilians they cowardly murdered & are now getting away with!!!
  3. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

And of course they will be paying for the "clearing" of their names with legal aid. Outrage bus inbound me thinks.
  4. They'll get it, we'll get outraged and nothing will change in this pathetic excuse for a country.
  5. I'm surprised we can afford to pay them if we do have to - thought we were skint as a country - maybe the govt can work out a repayment plan with the magistrate - £1 per week each....
  6. :twisted: Give them free holidays as a way of saying sorry !

I have just the holiday camp for them ....quantanamo,Cuba!

put the scum in orange jump suits and let them rot!

SCUMBAGS ! they see the country is being run by spineless cretins and think why not have a go!!
  7. We should brace ourselves for other similar ways the Republicans can:

a. Rub our noses in it.

b. Attempt to re-write history to match their version of the truth. Not unlike the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia when they announced it was 'Year Zero' when they assumed power.

c. Suck money from the 'Brits'.

d. Further encourage the attitude amongst the UK of: 'What? Another inquiry? Lets just pay them and get it over with.'

Be in no doubt - this is an extension of the 'war'. As usual, we are light years behind these guys in terms of thought. Adams and company were thinking in terms of 10, 20 and 30 years ahead throughout the seventies whilst we were worried about the next roulement. Did anyone see this one coming?

Another thought is that in certain quarters Sinn Fein are struggling with grass roots support and this could be a way to re-establish themselves within their traditional heartlands?

The whole thing still makes me sick though. :x
  8. so your a member of the ira?
    "am proud of my part in the struggle against the brits"
    membership of an illegal orginisation take him away no compo for you crim :twisted:
  9. Surely if they admit to being in th eIRA they admit to being in a terrorist organisation?

9mm in the head, then for all members, past and present.
  10. I thought sinn fein/IRA/Kiddie fiddling drug dealers didn't believe in British justice? And refused to recognise it? (turning their back in court) so how are they going to get any money?
  11. Good point.

Is there a record of all those who made such grandiose gestures?
  12. could lead to a nice "two fingers" from the British Judiciary if they made those comments on the record so to speak!
  13. Tut. Tut, that was in days when we still had some British Justice. IRA psychopaths always said they would wait, 'wait until there was a weak British government that would give them what they wanted.'

With Blair and Brown they hit gold, literally!
  14. I doubt that a single one of us (in uniform) was unaware of the huge level of outright criminality that PIRA engaged in during the 80s (and, I assume, during the 70s and 90s as well, though I've no direct knowledge of that). Protection seemed to be the name of the game but I do know for a fact that whatever some of the pious s.o.b.s said, there was prostitution and drug dealing too. I'd have to admit that some of the players didn't get their hands dirty and thought that it was sh1te that contaminated "the cause", but there was never any shortage of gofers and bottom-feeders who had their noses stuck right in the trough. Don't tell me McGuinness and Adams didn't know and didn't benefit. Hypocrites to the core.

I guess I've always been disgusted by the political legitimacy conferred on these wretches. The idea that some of these creatures, no better than cheap crooks, now seek absolution from the same legal system they professed to despise ... I try not to get outraged these days, but it makes the gorge rise all right.

Oh, and before I finish: I'm sure a few are innocent of the specific charges they were sent down for. Some rough justice was meted out in the mid-80s. But, 300? Three hundred totally innocent?

No: 300 pretty dirty souls, I think, who might like to dwell upon how lucky they are to be alive.
  15. Morrisons trial here.

I feel more confident in the outcomes than most here, as there must be supporting evidence to the confessions.