30 YEARS AGO TODAY AAC ARBORFIELD INTAKE 77B 2

Discussion in 'REME' started by gunfighter, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This day thirty years ago A young fresh faced youth full of ideals and bursting with enthusiasm arrived at Wokingham train station.... and learned the first lesson of military life ........ hurry up & wait !!

And 30 years later .... it hasn't changed !!!

Ohhh GAWD I FEEL OLD :cry:

2. I hope we quickly knocked that out of you!

As for the fresh-faced bit, a few late nights and lots of beer will have had you looking old before your time!

Litotes

3. 'kin kids! :)

Andy (64b)

PS Congratulations mate(s)!

4. I told my son in law that this was not for him and thankfully the dyslexic Master Chef who is on his last 6 months here has had to agree. The beans are ready!!!

5. 78C and feeling positively young in such ancient company ;) I have only one photo from my whole time at the AAC and even that was taken on BMC... I'm glad others had the presence of mind to own a camera back then and it's great to visit the sites in ece69's link for a nostalgia-check every now and again :thumleft:

6. Ah.... Just the one 10:10 in A Coy for me :) First one in the intake to get promoted... and the first to get demoted two weeks later for falling asleep on guard duty.

Attached Files:

7. Today is the Annivesary of my arrival at the hallowed gates of the AAC. 73C, after jeepland I went into A Coy & proceeded to spend my remaining 5 terms as an AT resident in A5.

Scarred me for life, made me grow up into an almost responsible adult.

Nobby

8. 69c myself, but what picture to bring back memories !

9. 69c myself, but what picture to bring back memories !

10. Oh how many memories does that pic bring back ? I lived in the second block on the right (A2 ?) during my time at AAC , Spent many a nervous time on that Verandah waiting for the immortal .........ROPs...ROP's :rage: 'SHUUN !!!

11. Here are more pictures. I don't remember where on the internet I found most of them but I hope I'm not infringing any copyright! If I am let me know and I'll delete them.

12. From the air

Attached Files:

13. Square

Attached Files:

14. Square again

Attached Files:

• band.jpg
      File size:
      95.7 KB
      Views: