ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

30 minute meals......my fucking hoop

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by PrinceAlbert, Oct 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As much as I can't stand that essex fukwit mockney bellend Jamie Oliver, and would pay a handsome price for 3 rounds in a ring with him, I do admire his culinary delights.

I've been sky+ing his 30 minute meals, and thought I'll give that a bash, looks simple enough to me.

Recipe - check
    ingredients - check
    brand spanking shiney all singing and dancing gucci food processor - check
    Oven etc - check

1 hour and 5 mins later, it's served. 30 mins my arrse. I followed the instructions, cheated as he did, and all went well except I am now missing a sliver of skin off the end of a finger on my left hand.

The food tasted good, and I am pleased with the results, but 30 mins is impossible.

I've set the bar - Jamie Olivers Piri Piri Chicken 1hr 5mins to beat. Do your worst.

(I'd also leave the caramel off the Portugese tarts, it spoils them)

2. can't believe you watch that crap

NAAFI - out of date microwave meal - 5 mins microwave - job done

3. I cant' believe you don't. Nothing wrong with wanting to cook half decent scran.

4. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

There's nothing wrong with wanting to eat half decent scran - that's one of the reasons I have a wife.

5. I'd rather cook my own dinner, and do what I please.........

6. You ate your wife?

7. I've been known to eat the odd wife in my time ;)

8. You'd have to be very odd - and f#cking Hank Maaaarvin - to think about eating my wife these days.

And you can take that any way you want.

Whic is more than could be said of her . . . .

Piri Piri chicken - crikey if I got stuck into a bird as hot as that, I'd be lucky to last 30 seconds, never mind an hour and 5 . . .

I'll have to watch Jamie on 4OD: then mebbe I'll take up the challenge (I have found before, with recipes like his courgette-pasta-carbonara, that practice and organisation can shave big chunks off the prep time. Esp. if you learn to chop really-really-really-really-really-really-fast, without going EMO and self-harming)

9. Were any of them yours? Badoom tish.
    Well, someone had to ask...

10. I have noticed this in other "it only takes xxxx mins". It's the reading and understand it that takes the time. If you are to do it again I am sure you could do it quicker. I have a standard sweet and sour that I can now do in the time it take the rice to cook.

11. To be honest I cant stand the git!

I prefer Hugh Fernley-Wittingstall hands down

Have u see Man vs Food? kinda put me off food for a while lol

12. I love man v food. Good old septics, no wonder they're all fat cunts.

13. I would love to be able to cook like the pro's. Thing is, the portions look bloody tiny to me.

14. Hmmmm, yes, you've made me send off an outline to C4 for a programme called Cooking with a Skip....should go down well in the US

15. Tell me more about the Portugese tart and her dislike of caramel sauce?