3 year occupation of Iraq?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Feb 4, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. MMmmmm, will mean even more reservists being called up, and what happens if it kicks off in Korea?  Is there enough troops to go around ??

3. Very good question gunny.

Answers on a postcard - first prize is a new bucket and spade for digging trenches!!

[​IMG] Three years....and the rest.....

5. Amazing, we say it here-It comes out there.........

6. Does this mean that we can get out of the Balkans, finally? After all, if we are there any longer, they'll start thinking about making the tour there a 2 year married accompanied slot.....!

About time we had an alternative sunshine posting, cyprus is so passe!

7. New sunshine postings?

Iraq = no alcohol

North Korea = Don't even think they know what a pub is, let alone lager !

8. Gunny - In Korea you don't want to think about asking for a hot dog.

Korean Proverb - A dog is not just for Christmas.  With a bit of luck there will be some left over for Boxing Day.

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

They are saying it will be like the Occupation of Japan in 1945, General McArthur oversaw the transition to peace.

I think Gen Willy Franks (Maybe), a US Gen is being touted as the next 'President' of Iraq!

I must get some CD's sorted out and hire a i.s.o container.......

10. its gonna be bosnia all over again, if korea play then i dont want to play  ;D

11. Why not make it two years married accompanied - means you can take all 14 wives with you!  Imagine that, no M&S there in downtown B-D..... the AFF would never stand for that!

12. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Something similar to the "short term" deployment of troops to NI 20 odd years ago then I suppose.

13. Funny thing this 3 years. Kuwait authorities are pouring concrete for the new hard standing British military hospital.

Expected life, initially 5 yrs with possibilities to modify at later date to 10+ yrs  :eek:.

14. 3 years? 30 more like.

All that lovely open space for the tanks to play in, huge tracts of unpopulated areas for operational low flying training, the boxheads kicking up stink about all those occupation forces sausage side, I reckin we just found a place to move whats left of BAOR into.

British Army of the Desert anyone?

15. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

So that would be B.A.D. then?