3 x Saab Viggens over North Germany today?

A formation of 3 of what I think were Saab Viggens flew over my house just North of Minden, Germany around 13:20 today. Flying quite slow and low and made a tremendous amount of noise. Heading N to S.
Did anyone else lurking around N Germany spot them.?
As I said- I think that they were Swedish Viggens - didn`t know they still flew them!

Last Viggen was retired 2007 or so I'm aware. Maybe some sort of Air Display going on or something or maybe some sort of flight training groups aircraft? The 2007 aircraft were ones kept on for EW training according to a Swedish uni of mine from way back.

Typhoons?

A formation of 3 of what I think were Saab Viggens flew over my house just North of Minden, Germany around 13:20 today. Flying quite slow and low and made a tremendous amount of noise. Heading N to S.
Did anyone else lurking around N Germany spot them.?
As I said- I think that they were Swedish Viggens - didn`t know they still flew them!
Retired. Possibly Gripen?

So much less wonderful than a flight of Viggens somehow. :(

Or it's the Fast air equivalent of Black Helicopters and they are coming for you. Run, hide, disconnect your Internet and hope they think you are out.

Typhoon.

Did they look like this .... ?

image.jpg

@crashtestdummy....Typhoon was my first thought..I googled and the forward wings looked too small.
Unfortunately I wasn`t quick enough to grab my camera (I`m old and feeble and not as fast as I used to be)-
Could well be that they were Typhoons -

Made me curious too. I`m an ex Air traffic controller and they didn`t fit in to the normal picture of the Traffic here. May well be that theres an Airshow on somewhere..there are quite a few around the Whitsuntide holday here in Germany. We also have the Bundeswehr Helicopter Training school literally out of the back door and a couple of mil airfields in the vicinity...maybe one of them has a fly in .
If they come back this way I`ll be sure to have a camera handy :) I`ll know what that noise is next time!