3 very low flying heavy aircraft

3 very low flying heavy aircraft flew over the caravan about 15 minutes ago, we are situated between Lancaater and Morecambe.

Does anybody in the know have any gen on what they were, I thought it was a plane crash when the first went over.

Whatever the fark they are it’s a once a week occurrence minimum. I live at the southern tip of Windermere and every airborne man and his dog lines up over here flying just over the treetops ready to cruise up the lake at all times of night. We get a bunch of Ospreys (the plane with the big rotatable props) regularly as well.

They are a pain in the arse at this time of year as I’ve 1,600 pheasant poults under the flight path.

When I was in I remember the cost saving TEWTs, NEWDs and JEWTs. Why these pilot chaps can’t just sit in a little room in the hanger watching a video game I’ll never know.

MC130s? That'll probably be the Mildenhall crowd getting some goggle time in.

MC130s? That'll probably be the Mildenhall crowd getting some goggle time in.
Yep. Their predecessors got very upset thirty years ago when I told them they could not practise AAR on NVG at 250' over the Lake District. No ifs, no buts. No. I later got a Certificate of Appreciation from SOCOM. Never did work out whether an American somewhere had finally mastered sarcasm...

EDIT - and as I typed, japseyewarrior posted the KC-135R. Spooky or what. At least he is at 11k and over the 'oggin.

Whatever the fark they are it’s a once a week occurrence minimum. I live at the southern tip of Windermere and every airborne man and his dog lines up over here flying just over the treetops ready to cruis ofe up the lake at all times of night. We get a bunch of Ospreys (the plane with the big rotatable props) regularly as well.

They are a pain in the arse at this time of year as I’ve 1,600 pheasant poults under the flight path.

When I was in I remember the cost saving TEWTs, NEWDs and JEWTs. Why these pilot chaps can’t just sit in a little room in the hanger watching a video game I’ll never know.
Did you have a cameo part in 'The Dambusters'?

Whatever the fark they are it’s a once a week occurrence minimum. I live at the southern tip of Windermere and every airborne man and his dog lines up over here flying just over the treetops ready to cruise up the lake at all times of night. We get a bunch of Ospreys (the plane with the big rotatable props) regularly as well.

Do they rattle your dining cupboards and crockery as you write a strongly worded letter of complaint to the Ministry?

Funnily enough, c.17:30 a C130 heading SW near Jct 22 of the M62 was a little lower than usual.

I also saw a light single engine thing flying NW (therefore, across the C130 flightpath around similar altitude about 30 secs afterwards.
Like Piccadilly Circus round here.

The Yanks are on the move. Three heavy helos into the ambassadors residence this morning.
I hope they have enough Ferrero's to go around.

Do they rattle your dining cupboards and crockery as you write a strongly worded letter of complaint to the Ministry?
It had never occurred to me that there might be any flight safety implications until Japseyewarrior pointed it out. I’ve always seen it as a bit of interest, to be honest. When they turn up in daylight and fly the valley lower than a very low thing it’s impressive.

In my house we have pots, not crockery. I think. I’m not entirely sure what crockery is. I’d have to ask someone older and better educated than I.

Anyway, thanks for your interest.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm surprised they picked a relatively populated area to do their sneaky beaky bit.

Yep. Their predecessors got very upset thirty years ago when I told them they could not practise AAR on NVG at 250' over the Lake District. No ifs, no buts.
250ft? Presumably HC130s an HH53s? Even so, that would be mental enough over the Utah salt flats in daylight, never mind the Lake District... at night.