3 Soldiers dying in Iraq – Too routine for the BBC?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by VerminWA, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has the deaths of British Soldiers in Iraq become too routine for the http://news.bbc.co.uk/? I see Paris Hilton and a Japanese speed eater with arthritis in his jaw gets a mention on their front page but 3 British Soldiers being killed does not. I cannot decribe the rage and sadness I feel.

Proof if proof were needed below.

[​IMG]

2. Headline news on Radio 2 & Radio 4 this morning. So no, I think the pinko scum at the beeb are pretty much on the ball today.

3. Radio Four's Today program had it as the top story on 8 O'Clock news summary.

4. Its ****ing discusting. Lads dying for there country is some shithole wilst paris hilton the stupid ****ing stuck you slag gets a ****ing documentory on her. And some fat twat who don't know what he's doing takes over the country. Great more ****ing shit to come

5. I was aware that it was on BBC TV and Radio, my post asks why it's not on their website, websites are where I and many others like me get our news from!

Edit for mong spelling!

6. It is on the front page of UK news although not as prominent as Gordon building his "new" government, the page displayed above is world news.

7. The BBC website front page I'm looking at has the story in 2nd place and has had for a while now. I'm on a work PC so can't post a screen dump, but it's there...

8. Its there now. 9:07
    Not sure how quickly their website is updated? I assume they have lots of people inputing and one controlling (web manager)??

9. The BBC have been lambasted in most of the press recently due to their arrse licking coverage of Bliar friendly stories and other goody goody headlines.

10. Good sites update at a steady pace and do not rush it. You didn't even post the home page and although I'm about an hour later than yourself the incident comes second to gordos move to No 10 so it's well up there at the top.

11. First of all I would like to express my sincere condolenses to the families and friends of the fallen soldiers.

RIP.

Please, switch to the UK version of BBC site and you would see the tragic news on the front page. Alas, it is a bitter reality: for international readers (except me of course) the death of 3 British lads is not news number 1.

I repeat it, I'm very sorry.

12. It's on the BBC News ticker and has been for a couple of hours

13. Hopefully the loss of our troops has not become so routine for the "Live News" that it does not warrant a mention.
    The fact that these appalling losses do not appear on some news bullitins indicates that some editors masterbate in the same bogs as Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

14. I just don't understand how people can think that about the BBC. Only yesterday they brought us the news that Dave Cameron is a worthless piece of sh1t while Gordon 'Saviour of the Nation' Brown is, in fact, the Messiah. I'd say that's a valuable public service - and we get the global warming news now in the slot previously occupied by the Breakfas news. Who could wish for more?

... hang on while I take my pills ... glug, gulp, belch ....

That's better. Now, where was I? Ah yes. The BBC. So far up Broon's arrse yesterday, they could have brushed his teeth. :evil:

15. well I hope they washed the sh*t off from being in bliars malteser speedway before climbing into gordons bomb bay doors