3 Royal Anglian or 7 Rifles

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by DB_Cooper, Nov 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys I'm looking at transferring to either 3 Royal Anglian Bury saint Edmund's or 7 Rifles in Milton Keynes just wondering if anyone could give me advice, ie is there a good turn out, whats the level of training etc, I don't want it to turn into a slagging match i know they are both good units.

DB

2. The nearest one always. As in territorial.

3. Which one do you live closest to ?
    Surely that would answer your question ?
    But if travelling isn't an issue I would say 7 Rifles...

4. A while ago admittedly but I was in the HQ Companies of both 7 Royal Anglian (Leicester) & later 5 LI (Shrewsbury) due to moving with my job.

Both were part of 49 Inf Bde so we met up quite a lot and you could compare. Anglians not only marched properly they had consistently better PSIs and better overall training

Anglians every time

5. Really!!

• Like Like x 4
  6. After 6 years as an Anglian I could never get it at 5 LI, even after spending some time at Winchester supporting a recruit cadre where they took me into the drill sessions.

I was like L/Cpl Jones, always a drill movement behind.

7. defiantly go for the Steelbacks

8. Given 7 Rifles have no connection with either Regiment you mention, your advice is as much use as me spouting on about Operational issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Take it you march funny?

7 RAng were superseded eventually by 3
    LI and RGJ = Rifles

TA Anglians were always good Battalions with consistently good PSIs. See no reason why they would not be now. LI were not as good and RGJ I knew were more bothered about beret shapes than soldiering. Standard of Winchester based training was not as good as Bassingbourn IMHO