3 Royal Anglian or 7 Rifles

Guys I'm looking at transferring to either 3 Royal Anglian Bury saint Edmund's or 7 Rifles in Milton Keynes just wondering if anyone could give me advice, ie is there a good turn out, whats the level of training etc, I don't want it to turn into a slagging match i know they are both good units.

DB

Guys I'm looking at transferring to either 3 Royal Anglian Bury saint Edmund's or 7 Rifles in Milton Keynes just wondering if anyone could give me advice, ie is there a good turn out, whats the level of training etc, I don't want it to turn into a slagging match i know they are both good units.

DB

The nearest one always. As in territorial.

A while ago admittedly but I was in the HQ Companies of both 7 Royal Anglian (Leicester) & later 5 LI (Shrewsbury) due to moving with my job.

Both were part of 49 Inf Bde so we met up quite a lot and you could compare. Anglians not only marched properly they had consistently better PSIs and better overall training

Anglians every time

A while ago admittedly but I was in the HQ Companies of both 7 Royal Anglian (Leicester) & later 5 LI (Shrewsbury) due to moving with my job.

Both were part of 49 Inf Bde so we met up quite a lot and you could compare. Anglians not only marched properly they had consistently better PSIs and better overall training

Anglians every time
Given 7 Rifles have no connection with either Regiment you mention, your advice is as much use as me spouting on about Operational issues.

Given 7 Rifles have no connection with either Regiment you mention, your advice is as much use as me spouting on about Operational issues.
Take it you march funny?

7 RAng were superseded eventually by 3
LI and RGJ = Rifles

TA Anglians were always good Battalions with consistently good PSIs. See no reason why they would not be now. LI were not as good and RGJ I knew were more bothered about beret shapes than soldiering. Standard of Winchester based training was not as good as Bassingbourn IMHO

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L RAC 7
A Infantry 21
A Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 13