3 regt in soest

Fcuk me, that's bought back some memories

I also remember painting numbers on all of the lamp posts at Salamanca in the middle of fcuking winter, in the rain, with a water soluble paint whilst on ROP's courtesy of Stan Reid

Oh how I laughed when the cnut died :)

Fond memories of repenting to God (who lived in the churches opposite, obviously) before heading off to the OG, Ben and Stickies knowing that I would therefore be excused for all sins whilst being a complete c0ck once I was out.

When was that taken Moogee?

Used to work in the tower at Soest in 1985 with Tony and Robby before I joined the fcuking craaaaabs. Got the job through my old man (Fat Billy). I won't apologise for the sad old tw@t. Some really good memories, rotor brake etc. Met a few fellas in NI who were ex Soest, including COS JHFNI (Nicholas) and OC 5 Regt (Venn).

Fond memories about Soest was the fair, and being taught to drive by a top bird from the patch, (and baiting the Belgies!)

Coincidentally, my (future) bro-in-law was REME in Soest at the same time.

Top place, probably a housing development for gasties now.

The picture was found on the same website referred to in the minden thread. There are a couple of pics of inside camp as well. Good memory of rotor brake swordsman. I remember every day at 1000 running like a madman to get in the queue before all the BATS. !!!!!!!
Stickies, Ben, 1888 etc - where i did my growing up !!!!!! Good times.

moogee said:
The picture was found on the same website referred to in the minden thread. There are a couple of pics of inside camp as well. Good memory of rotor brake swordsman. I remember every day at 1000 running like a madman to get in the queue before all the BATS. !!!!!!!
Stickies, Ben, 1888 etc - where i did my growing up !!!!!! Good times.
Can't find the Minden thread - any chance of a link.

I was there 84 to 86 with 653/RHQ MT