3 regt in soest

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by moogee, Aug 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone remember this sight on the way out - for another night in the Ben !!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Fcuk me, that's bought back some memories

I also remember painting numbers on all of the lamp posts at Salamanca in the middle of fcuking winter, in the rain, with a water soluble paint whilst on ROP's courtesy of Stan Reid

Oh how I laughed when the cnut died :)

Fond memories of repenting to God (who lived in the churches opposite, obviously) before heading off to the OG, Ben and Stickies knowing that I would therefore be excused for all sins whilst being a complete c0ck once I was out.

When was that taken Moogee?

3. Used to work in the tower at Soest in 1985 with Tony and Robby before I joined the fcuking craaaaabs. Got the job through my old man (Fat Billy). I won't apologise for the sad old tw@t. Some really good memories, rotor brake etc. Met a few fellas in NI who were ex Soest, including COS JHFNI (Nicholas) and OC 5 Regt (Venn).

Fond memories about Soest was the fair, and being taught to drive by a top bird from the patch, (and baiting the Belgies!)

Coincidentally, my (future) bro-in-law was REME in Soest at the same time.

Top place, probably a housing development for gasties now.

4. The picture was found on the same website referred to in the minden thread. There are a couple of pics of inside camp as well. Good memory of rotor brake swordsman. I remember every day at 1000 running like a madman to get in the queue before all the BATS. !!!!!!!
    Stickies, Ben, 1888 etc - where i did my growing up !!!!!! Good times.

5. Can't find the Minden thread - any chance of a link.

I was there 84 to 86 with 653/RHQ MT