3 Para - The Book

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by scarletto, Sep 7, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

21.4%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but as can be expected opsec has limited it.

21.4%
  4. No, utter bollocks and biased!

2.4%
  5. Its written by a crap-hat so not worth reading! I want my money back now!

14.3%
  6. Pity its a book about 3 Para and not about the 3 Para Battle-Group.

40.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having read Patrick Bishops two other books on the RAF and being very impressed as were the veterans by these two books, i bought his latest on 3 Para in Afghanistan.

Found it very moving and thought provoking so far, certainly highlights shortcomings in certain types of equipment, and also what not only the lads of 3 Para but the others on the front went and are going through even today.

Id certainly recommend it, gives us fat old cold war warriors a better understanding of whats going on over there.

Would be interested though if any one who was there, if they have read through it or contributed and what they think.

Though Bishop seems to know what he is writing about and he does have a disclaimer and will update the book as time goes on.

2. Why don´t you PM ´fallschirmjager´he´s on the inf forum?

3. Am reading it ATM. About a third of the way through and it seems quite well wrote and quite in depth. All in all i'm quite impressed, especially with the bits where i'm mentioned! :D

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

And which page would that be? :lol:

5. Now that would be giving away too much information wouldn't it? :)

6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Errrm......

WAH!

Having said that, it sounds like a book to put on my shopping list!

7. Well, we can rule out all the ones who were mentioned as good looking :p
    Actually ive a clue as to who you are.

I think the author is to be commended for getting across what it was/is like without resorting to being 'ott' as a lot of authors would have written it.

Was going to point you to this thread if i hadnt heard from you, as well your one of the ones who should know how the book is :D

8. I have read it and overall thought it was a very good read.

9. Saw a pictorial account on amazon of the 3 para tour but its currently not available. Is this pictorial account by the same author?

10. No, the book you mean can be bought from the National Army Museum

11. Cheers for that. Haven't been able to get to the 3 para exhibition at the museum yet. I've heard its a very good insight into that tour.

12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Bought it today in Tesco's for £10

So far a good read

13. Just finished it today,very good book indeed. Thought provoking.