3 Para Return to Falklands

Discussion in 'Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE)' started by Camberwell_Carrot_, Apr 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hmmmm combined 1,2,3 para coy deployed 2002 .
  2. 20th Anniversary?
  3. Doesn't say what they are going there to do. Exercise, piss-up or what. Mind you, I have heard it said that the troops there currently are very UNfit! Falklands Fit they call it. So perhaps the paras should gee them all up a bit when they get there and knock them into shape!
  4. They're taking over as the RIC, I've heard.
  5. Just like it says in the linked article...
  6. They are providing security for the bus load of nurses for the piss up
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

We should have a whip round and send the vulcan down there for a display.

Any potential Argentinian invaders would be wise to invest in some osrt of ear protection incase they become dead.
    I assume the lads are on a Spanish speaking course just incase?
    "El Spick da Hato Bastardo"
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Yes they were down there as the roulement coy for 6 months. Even managed to get a jump onto goose green.
    Theres was another trip down there for the 25th purely a jolly.
  9. A "Strong Statement of Intent" on what are significant anniversaries.........or "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" :)
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I was 2 x four month RIC deployments, each of a composite Coy with a platoon each from 1, 2 and 3 Para. They wanted to be there for the 20 anniversary commemorations, but ended up doing the deployment after as well which is when they did the Goose Green lob.