• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

3 PARA Mt Longdon 1982

Ventress

LE
Any members who can answer the following questions:

Pte, at the start line 1982 Mt Longdon.

Arctic Smock: Wings and DZ flash: Worn or not

Helmet Scrim: DPM material or hessian?

Rifle markings: By Coy or what numbers were visible on the weapon.

Face camouflage: Brown, 3 colour?

Cheers

I'm intrigued as to why you are asking?

I wasn't there, but I'd guess at:

Not worn.

Hessian

God knows. Butt number on the stock?

Brown

px4llp said:
Hessian and net-DPM helmet covers werent on issue at that time.
I was a "medic" RAMC.....sent from Hong Kong.....done or wore nothing special just wore basic kit!!!!

boris7 said:
px4llp said:
Hessian and net-DPM helmet covers werent on issue at that time.
I was a "medic" RAMC.....sent from Hong Kong.....done or wore nothing special just wore basic kit!!!!

No one in 3 Para still serving who was in Falklands,,,,,
But try 13AA.....they have 2 members I know still serving!!!!!!!!!
"wore a different badge at the time"

boris7 said:
Rubbish - I can think off 3 blokes off the top of my head who are still serving within the Regiment.

Rooper said:
boris7 said:
Rubbish - I can think off 3 blokes off the top of my head who are still serving within the Regiment.

It was 25 years ago, so if any Falklands vets are still in they would all be commissioned by now, captains even majors. There are bound to be some in the battalions still kicking round, as said Rooper can still think of some.

armies said:
Rooper said:
boris7 said:

It was 25 years ago, so if any Falklands vets are still in they would all be commissioned by now, captains even majors. There are bound to be some in the battalions still kicking round, as said Rooper can still think of some.
Yes these are orficers!!!!!

But none in 2 + 3 Para!!!!....I know 8)

boris7 said:
armies said:

So are you saying that no Pte soldiers on the start line are serving in 2 or 3 Para now, regardless of whether they are now commissioned or not?

Did ask in 2 + 3 Para Officers Mess......asked both CO's......got a negative answer, meaning =NO

Did meet 2 in 13AA...Officers Mess...

Its a small world!!!!!!

boris7 said:
armies said:
Rooper said:
boris7 said:

You must know something I don't then mate, either that or I drink with figments of my imagination every so often.

jack-daniels said:
boris7 said:
armies said:
Rooper said:
boris7 said:

You must know something I don't then mate, either that or I drink with figments of my imagination every so often.
Enjoy your drink!!!! :lol:

The_Duke

LE
Sorry Boris7, but one of them got an MID for 3 Paras Herrick tour, and one at least is definately still working in 2 Para.

Guess the COs have short memories!

Latest Threads