3 Para in the news

I have struggled to find much reference to 3 Para's current activities in Afghanistan - which I have a special interest in as two good friends are with them. I am, of course, heartened that the news does not seem to report any fatalities - although this is tempered by the sad losses of the Royal Irish.

I have found these two articles and attached them below. If anyone has any more, I'd very much appreciate it if they would share them below,

Thanks.

Paratroopers defeat Taliban in decisive day of battles - Telegraph

Gen Petraeus hails Paras for precision attack - Telegraph

That's nice deary, what's for tea?

That's nice deary, what's for tea?
dingerr,

While I have the greatest respect for you & your situation.....Sometimes, you come across as a very bitter Hat.

That's my Battalion you're taking the piss out of!

Now...be a good fella, eh!

elovabloke

ADC
Sitrep from 2 RTR:

Of note 3 PARA and CYCLOPS have been demonstrating the potency of aggressive combined arms manoeuvre. The paratroopers were persuaded by CYCLOPS officers to try exploiting the Mastiff’s capability as an armoured shield and intimate support platform. The results have been exactly as the tankies said they would be - successful. The Tankies led the infantry across open fields with the Mastiffs’ armour shielding the Toms from small arms. On open ground the risk from IEDs is much lower and speed of advance can be maintained. On the position the impact of Mastiff crews’ applying heavy and general purpose machine gun fire at close quarters is decisive. You may have read a recent article in the Daily Telegraph reporting a major action in which 3 PARA killed twenty five insurgents. It was the 2 RTR Mastiffs who generated the momentum for this assault and the attack owed its success as much to the boldness of the Mastiff crews as to the grit of the paratroopers.

dingerr,

While I have the greatest respect for you & your situation.....Sometimes, you come across as a very bitter Hat.

That's my Battalion you're taking the piss out of!

Now...be a good fella, eh!
You mistake me, I was just being flippant and not taking the piss (well not on this occasion any way).

Oh and I'm not bitter, no reason to be.

You mistake me, I was just being flippant and not taking the piss (well not on this occasion any way).

Oh and I'm not bitter, no reason to be.
Flippant, bitter or piss taking, dingerr. You should know better!

You're still a Hat though!

Flippant, bitter or piss taking, dingerr. You should know better!

You're still a Hat though!
Paras are not excused piss taking, just because they wear a pretty red hat 8-O

Even the girls wear the maroon lid in Colchester, do you refer to them as hats?

Paras are not excused piss taking, just because they wear a pretty red hat 8-O

Even the girls wear the maroon lid in Colchester, do you refer to them as hats?
Ok, fair one!

The girls arn't referred to as Hats....No.

Some of them actually have a serious number of jumps under their belts......Not from Fat Albert though!!!