3 line whip / scale A parade

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by crazyk, Nov 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just been having a discussion after a Mess Meeting and was wondering - can an RSM call a so called 3 line whip/scale A parade for a function?????. nowhere in QR's etc states that he can but as allways we do as we are told. But if you don't want to go to a function can he "order" you to spend money by attending a function you don't wish to attend or do you grab your balls and stand firm, after all if he gives you an order therefore making it a "Duty" then you shouldn't be billed to attend.
    Your thoughts please.

2. Don't know I just do as I'm told!

3. What sorty of function is it? If it is dining someone out after 22 years I can understand there being a 3 line whip, unless you hate the Geezer, but too often we appear to be dining out Officers who are station Comd's etc. In that case I would tell the RSM to poke it up his arrse. Do Garrison or Stn RSMs get dined out by the Rupert's? Do they feck.

Seem to have gone off on a tangent, but in answer to the question, it is entirely up to you! You cannot be ordered to.

4. Nope, can end up Orderly Officer/Sgt for the night though.

5. 2 possible get out clauses:

a. Ask if you can invite your same sex partner to the social. Also ask if there will be a dance floor so you can get down and dirty.

b. Tell RSM you are a recovering alcoholic and you are concerned the 'drink culture' may make you fall off the wagon.

In all seriousness, I don't think you can be forced to attend a function anymore. Should be able to find some guidance from PS(whatsit?).

6. get yourself to the function, you'll miss it when you're out mate:)

7. AGAI 64 should hold the answer. Can't find electronic version though.

8. Dear God, what is the Army coming to.....would you really tell the RSM to poke it - I'd like to be there for that, unless standards have dropped he should know exactly what to do with that attitude, ah but hang-on a sec, you must be AGC, or even worse in the RAF.

9. Go to the AGWEB and do a search there for AGAI 64. Just found it.

10. Not many in the Mess can, but I am in a position where I CAN! :D And no, I am not AGC.

11. So you're a fellow WO1 then. Looks like you have been promoted way above your natural level if that's the type of attitude you have.

12. If you're in a position where you can, even you should be able to see that you shouldn't!! (REME then).

13. The RSM shouldn't need to order you.

Typical example of declining Mess standards. Harrumph.

14. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Whats the mess coming to, standards and all that :roll: If you are a WO1 then you need to go kick yourself then revert to Pte soldier. The mess is an aspiration for all to succeed to not moan about

15. You don't have to attend any function the Army holds if it costs you money. As for telling the RSM to poke it, I wouldn't advise that but if he starts being a dik about you refusing to attend, thats when you can express your opinions more freely. He is only a human afterall.