3 job choices??

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by MatthewH, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you have to have 3 job choices? got 2 but not a 3rd?

2. You dont have to have three job choices but it is advised by recruit selection to cover your own back. Only got two job choices and have got date for recruit selection at lichfield! Make sure you research all possibilities and aim for the first choice!

3. Back in the day....

I was told after my BARB test I had all trades open to me but was not given a list of trades to study so I ended up being persuaded to join the Coldstream Guards by the friendly Coldstreamer in the ACIO. Then after changing my mind I went to the ACIO and the nice and friendly Light Infanteer convinced me the Durham Light Infantry was for me. My cousins husband who was a Green Howard then told me to get my arrse back to the ACIO and sort my life out!! So, my third and final choice was RLC Pet Ops. Moral of the story??? Do some research and find the right trade for you.

4. I only had one job choice - RMP!! And that's what I'm gonna be doing

5. Well be prepared to be deferred for up to 12 months if that's your only choice. The reason there are 3 job choices is to give you a better chance of getting in the Army - there's a lot of competition for jobs like RMP.

6. FFS, were you not brought up correctly? If you're heading for infantry, south of the river was Coldstreams or Green Howards, north of the river was DLI or Fusiliers.

Send me the name of the LI ACIO and me and the lads will go and sort him out.

Honestly! Does tradition count for nothing these days?

:)

7. Puttees, this was back in '97!! (Before I knew I was a Bona Fide Yorkshireman)

8. come nursing, job for life

9. There is a thought, what happens if you get deferred before you start Phase 2? Are you in a holding unit until there is a space?

10. Was in Pirbright in August 2006, did my GCSEs in November. Got told in January that I'm on Basic in June (so, not quite a whole year). Wasn't too long a wait to be able to take up the career I was determined to go for - as far as I'm concerned, worth the wait!

11. In that case 'well done you'

12. I've always been intrigued by this....not knocking you but if you want to be in the police why not ...er...join the police? I'm genuinely intrigued as to why.

13. I joined back in 1992 and i only had one choice.... now some nearly 15 years on i have 3 jobs.... !!!!!

Cbt Engineer
    Electrician
    Amphibious Engineer

Join the Engineers we will sort you out.

14. ive only got 2 job chices my first rac- tank crewman my 2nd is royal artillery-speacial observer they seem confident that i will get my first choice and told me not to worry to much about my 2nd choice, ive had my 1st interview and ive got my 2nd interview tuesday.

clarke.

15. I've only really ever wanted to be a CMT, but I kept an open mind before it all kicked off...

So my choices were CMT, Op Mil Int, Gunner AS90. A bit varied, but that was what I was going for.

My (limited knowledge) advice is to have a clear idea of what you want to do, but make sure there are other things you want to do, incase you **** up on the BARB or don't get your run-time at selection.