3 Job choices.

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Bigfix, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys,

Just a quick, simple question. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere else.

When choosing my three job choices, can they all be Infantry regiments, or does it have to be a total different Job all together?

Thanks in advance :soldier:

2. Yeah they can all be infantry mate. I had Grenadier Guards, Rifles and Royal Anglians as mine.

3. Ahhh, great!

I'll choose

1) The Royal Anglian Regiment
    2) The Rifles

and number 3 I need to have a little think about then.

Thankyou a load mate ;).

4. Don't forget the Royal Anglian Regt have two Bn's: Poachers & Vikings (unless thats changed)

Unsure about the Rifles but I'm sure someone else will be better informed

5. Rifles have 5 Reg & 2 TA battalions, plus 2 TA companies in other heavy regiments.

Why not add PWRR as a 3rd choice?

6. Yeah, I know :). Was looking at all the different Bn's a couple of days ago..

Oh and to the poster about PWRR, not sure really mate. Don't know nothing about them but I suppose I could look into it. I'm just hoping I can get into The Royal Anglian tbh. Anyhow, still got to go to selection an try and get a place in Harrogate first :).

7. Just a word of advice,

If you go to selection with all three the same capbadge and you fail any one aspect, you'll fail for all three as the standards are the same.

Look at having your third as a non infantry role just to be on safe side, possible Royal Artillery Special Observer!