• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

3 div

A fcuking great unit, with a bad reputation. People seem to label it as bullsh*tty and generally crap, but I've not met many people who didn't have a good time there.

A top posting, loved every minute of it (well nearly). Worked like a trojan though. Good location well within travelling distance of some top drinking locations (and thats not even taking into account sticky's).

Kopfkaser said:
A top posting, loved every minute of it (well nearly). Worked like a trojan though. Good location well within travelling distance of some top drinking locations (and thats not even taking into account sticky's).
Ahh Sticky's what a top place, is that chewing gum on the floor or do I not want to know... and all from a town where after a night out you cant even get a kee-bab

Was at 3 Div 98-00 (202 armour). Had a brilliant time although I was a senior and mess life was good.

Units are personality driven, if you have a good collection of characters and the right people in the posts that count (CO, RSM etc etc) then even the "worst" unit can be good. IMHO

Was at 3 Div 98-00 (202 armour). Had a brilliant time although I was a senior and mess life was good.

Was there at the same time, but sadly was not a senior.

I remember the long hours, heavy duty work, 2 panzers per det comd.

But it all being worthwhile when you got to go out to the kiwi in the evening.

I am at 3 Div now and it depends what you want to get out of a unit, if you want every weekend off and a good social life its a good posting coz you get plenty of time to yourself

was with 3div 91-95 soest/bulford. remember weeks of bullshit bullnites to clean top camp only for the german authorities to declare the camp unfit for human habitation. Recently went back to soest whilst working in mannheim (5th sig us army) and the camp is an industrial park and the quarters are full of russian/polish refugees.

rtfm-fool said:
was with 3div 91-95 soest/bulford. remember weeks of bullshit bullnites to clean top camp only for the german authorities to declare the camp unfit for human habitation. Recently went back to soest whilst working in mannheim (5th sig us army) and the camp is an industrial park and the quarters are full of russian/polish refugees.
Russian and Polish refugees - from what are they fleeing??????????

I extended there as enjoyed it. V. hard work on the armour and spent most of the time out on SPTA but the extra ciricullar activities as a troop were great.
The couple booze cruises were especially memorable... well what the driver would tell us what we got up to after talking security out of having us nicked.
The seniors did expect you to work your blx off but they did look after you and kept you out of the sh1t where they could.

Latest Threads