Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Day Assessment - Glencorse

Hi guys,

I placed my application for Army as of last week, completed everything including Triage medical call etc just waiting on someone calling me to arrange my assessment however it'll be sometime in February.

I'm very keen and have been for several years however couldn't join sooner with my partner becoming unexpectedly pregnant so commitments were elsewhere.

This question may have been answered before however i cannot for the life of me find it, could somebody list me what i would need to take with me realistically to the assessment?

I'm aware of the experience thanks to a post i saw on here the other day explaining the full 3 days and what to expect, just unsure exactly on what to take and how much of each to take.

Your answers would be highly appreciated :)

S7015642F

Clanker
When I went last year to Glencorse I took clothing what said on kit list and you didn’t even need it all. I’d take two kit wear, any clothes you fancy wearing in the evening for free time but could wear this on your way back home on the train, smart wear for the interview and a towel for showers, change of underwear and toiletries. Any questions I could also help, be prepared to spend your time in med centre from 7am- 4pm (latest time could be there is 6pm if you have surname closer to Z). Between this time recruiters will do most your fitness tests to kill time.

newbie1810

Swinger
Give it your best. Lost of waiting round in the med centre day 2 then some of your tests that day mid thigh pull and ball throw computer tests etc briefs all the time about what’s going on what’s expected of you military life and what to expect if you pass day 3 team tasks then run give it your all when your there don’t try be the big dick know it all the guy when I was there failed most things and came last in the run after making out he was doing a sub 8 looked a right cock but don’t shy away get involved get on with your assessment and why your there try enjoy it and you’ll be fine.

Give it your best. Lost of waiting round in the med centre day 2 then some of your tests that day mid thigh pull and ball throw computer tests etc briefs all the time about what’s going on what’s expected of you military life and what to expect if you pass day 3 team tasks then run give it your all when your there don’t try be the big dick know it all the guy when I was there failed most things and came last in the run after making out he was doing a sub 8 looked a right cock but don’t shy away get involved get on with your assessment and why your there try enjoy it and you’ll be fine.
Thank you that's great advice, I assume as long as you don't do too bad at everything you'll get offered something? I'm one to get involved and involve others etc and always been a very good team member.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

newbie1810

Swinger
Thank you that's great advice, I assume as long as you don't do too bad at everything you'll get offered something? I'm one to get involved and involve others etc and always been a very good team member.

Just prepare as beat you can give it your all and run your ass off when it’s time don’t walk don’t rest 2km is nothing for a shot at a great career go in there with the mindset this is your only chance at the job you want. Enjoy it if you’ve prepared fitness wise enough and your not a complete dick you’ll be fine

Just prepare as beat you can give it your all and run your ass off when it’s time don’t walk don’t rest 2km is nothing for a shot at a great career go in there with the mindset this is your only chance at the job you want. Enjoy it if you’ve prepared fitness wise enough and your not a complete dick you’ll be fine
thank you, some had said they went in comfy clothes others say smart.. what did you go in?

newbie1810

Swinger
I took both tuned up for n jumper jeans and boots with a suit bagged for the interview keep in mind it’s one big job interview your presentation and attitude while there will be taken into consideration everything is being assessed even when you think it’s not

Dshishod

Swinger
I just got my selection dates and are in less than 2 weeks. May be on the same one. I was surprised my selection dates are midweek, when I thought they were only done at weekends. Ive been in the gym etc. to keep fitness up, but as now have dates, Ironically had a terrible run time today of 12m40s. So really need to push myself in this next week to bring this way down. Don’t know if it was just a bad day as usually hitting around 12 minutes with a rucksak weighing 14lbs. Nonetheless has given me a scare to get beasting myself, My bmi is also 29 so need to go on crazy diet this week. Good luck to you whenever yours is however

newbie1810

Swinger
Mate your bmi is fine don’t worry about that they took lads on with a 32 and you’ll smash the run on the day believe me you’ll be that determine just blow it out your arse you’ll be fine good luck

Dshishod

Swinger
cheers mate yeh hoping my adrenaline kicks in on the day. I mean in regards to the BMI, I know I’m not a fat bum, just a little bit soft round the gut which is no doubt from pints. Just laying off the drink for a couple weeks should take some weight off. Actually buzzing to get there and want to smash it.

Latest Threads