3 CS 16 SQN

I left 16 Sqn Aug 2005, and the accomodation tomfoolery was in full swing. A brand new camp was built last year for 1 RRW or whatever they're called now, and I think 2 Tanks are doing a swap with KRH who's camp was built some 8-10 years ago. As previously stated on this thread, 16 Sqn shouldn't even be in Tidworth. All of 3 CSMR was supposed to be moved to Catterick till some genius pointed that Gaza Barracks can't even house the 2 Sqns there already, therefore 16 are slumming it in sh1t accomodation. The whole garrison will be progressivley knocked down and re-built, but like I said, 16 aren't supposed to be there, so don't expect they key to a new room just yet....

to pretty much every camp, barracks and garrison in the UK (and several overseas).

16 Air Assault Bde have, by a long margin the worst accomodation I have ever seen! The working areas seem OK but accomodation was shameful.

It was run down, damaged everywhere. The cookhouses at 2 & 3 Para were a disgrace and the guy's would have been healthier eating off the floor! Of all of them 7 Para had about the best and that was not good.

Great units, bloody awful accomodation.

The only good thing that can be said is at least its not up North.

Regards
Cardinal
Sorry

The latest and most final of information regarding the rebuild and the move of 16 med is that tidworth will continue to be rebuilt around the medics. After 'our fun in the sand' next year we will be kicked out of Tidworth and the entire sqn will relocate to Topcliffe in Caterick awaiting the building of a new barracks that will incorporate all of 3cs.

Hopefully I will have gone by then and wont have to contend with the b****ks of moving. I also heard there is no budget for the move and that we can 'poke it' for all the important things like RUBB shelters that we need. Feel the love......!

Ventress said:
We had the temporary RHUBB shelter for over 5 years.
I dont need to tell you that you were one of the lucky ones. I dont know the curent status on the whole budget thing as I havent been in work for a while (see my post in the other thread)

How much does a RHUBB cost nowadays?

Why don't you wait till you get there??? It's all changing so whatever you read on here will be different by the time you arrive....

It was good enough in 1914, it must be good enough now....

Very true. Unfortunatley its the same accomodation now as it was in 1914! The rooms are smaller now though because of all of the coats of magnolia are two foot thick.

LeSAUSAGE said:
Sounds bleak!!

What about the new build?

I heard thats been designated for 2 RTR! True or false?

Why do AMS units have such pap accommodation!? I thought we were supposed to be the civilised ones yet we live in squalor and the philistines get the Ritz!? :?

You calling crabs philistines now? 8O

signedoffswitchedoff said:
At least at royston vasey our officers and seniors did ALL the pre deployment training for iraq on telic 6. If the units a cluster why have 16 sqn deployed with about 70% of our medics?
Your user name sums you up mucker.......

signedoffswitchedoff said:
At least at royston vasey our officers and seniors did ALL the pre deployment training for iraq on telic 6. If the units a cluster why have 16 sqn deployed with about 70% of our medics?
have you been drinking? rather random one off post.

rumour has it, the medics from "Royston Vasey" will be returning from Sandier climbs when the Palace closes in the next few months, leaving an already undermanned CS sqn even shorter......

16 are due to move to Topcliffe at the end of this year, again duty rumour may or may not happen.