3 Commando Brigade

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by eburypublishing, Apr 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

I've spoken with the MODs and this message has been approved for me to post.

I work at Ebury Publishing, and we are bringing out the paperback of Ewen Southby-Tailyour's 3 Commando Brigade next month. The book is the first hand account of 3 Commando's six month deployment in Helmand Province. You can find out full details of the book here: http://www.eburypublishing.co.uk/viewbook.asp?isbn=0091926963

We have 3 copies to give away on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you have a UK address and are interesting in getting your hands on one, e-mail me at eburyblog@eburypublishing.co.uk[email]eburyblog@eburypublishing.co.uk[/email].

Good luck!

2. Hiya - there is just one of these remaining, so if you are UK based, get in touch:

Just send me your address and I will send you a book as soon as it's released from the warehouse...
  3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Ewen Southby-Tailyour's , One of the Most switched on Officer.s during the Falklands Campaign, and a nice Bloke. He gave some senior officers a hard time after the debacle at Bluff Cove. So I will enjoy reading this account of 3 Cmdo Bde .
  4. Glad you like the sound of it, Pararegtom.

These three copies have now gone, but you can find out more about the book here or through any good book retailer.
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Just a quick post to say that the I read 3 Commando Brigade and it appeared to be a good book with plenty of first hand accounts.

I did find the story jumped around a bit too much for me to follow but every page was enjoyable and I would recommend it as a good airport read.
  6. I do feel that if you have read 3 Para then you have read this book as well
  7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

yeah, there was a certain para-vs-marine 'ism....

Not sure I follow either.