3 Cheers for British Justice?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tankiebootneckdad, Nov 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen, on Sky news, a 16 year old boy has been sentenced to a MINIMUM of almost 3 years for raping a five year old boy.

WTF??? I really cannot see the justice in this sentence.

The little b@rst@rd could well be out within 18 months and be free to do it again.

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Should that not be "3 Jeers for British justice"? :cry:

3. On Sky news, SKY

4. A teenage serial sex attacker who raped a five-year-old boy days after being spared a prison sentence for another rape has been jailed for almost three years.The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to a catalogue of abuse against the boy, including rape and child abduction.

The attack happened eight days after he was given a three-year community order on June 26 for the rape of a seven-year-old boy in Tameside, Manchester's Minshull Street Crown Court heard.The original sentence handed down by Judge Adrian Smith provoked outcry from the victim's family at the time and a legal challenge.

WTF :x

5. I can't quite believe what I'm reading...

6. Jesus wept.
    At what age does a nonce become suitable for drowning, in order to genuinely protect the public and prevent re-offending?

• Like Like x 1
  7. if this is the same story i've just seen on the BBC news then he is doing at least 18 years, the christian parents of his first victim [ 7 years old] sent the judge a letter asking him to be " corrective " rather than " Punitive " punishments, then he goes and does it again or have I got it wrong here.?

8. It's 3 years...

Linky

9. Cheers track_link, I'm going to have a hearing test, I could have sworn that's what I heard. wife always says I never listen.!

10. Not with a minimum of three years, he couldn't. There is a clue in the word 'minimum'.

The chances of him being released in the next 10 years are somewhat less than me flying to the moon on a paper aeroplane whilst being pleasured by Hayley Westenra and Kirsty Young.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Fair point Ottar, thanks for the clue.

12. In 10 years he'll be 26.. Ready to re-offend.

I'd put him on a Trap-Door then pull a lever myself. Job jobbed.

13. Beggars belief :mad:
    hope he doesn't get the anonymous resettlement option when/if he gets out.

14. He does not by anychance come from a "underprivileged" upbringing does he? Always a good one for the lawyers to work on!

Maybe he has "learning difficulties"..again, a great one for layers to get folk off the hook!

This really does make me mad when you hear of things like this!!