3 Barrel AK47 Thingie?

??????? the new family of rifles by HR Giger??????

they must be movie props or some wierd modern art thingys.

DrStealth said:

I agree; the thingy behind the 'Three- barrel thingy, has its magazine right at the arrse end... I suppose it might be technically possible to have all your actuating mechanism shrouded around the breech and barrel but there's no space for the breech block to get behind the mag to feed the rounds...

Nah, got to be fillum props.. Three barrels? F*ckwit fancies! :roll:

DrStealth said:

Thats what I,m thinking. Our man here has also posted a pic of a werid looking L1A1 in the "have we mothballed our SLRs thread". Those wooden things surrounding it defo look like a film prop. How on earth would you strip it for cleaning ???? The bullpup thing top right also looks a no brainer.

LT.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
putteesinmyhands said:
Ripper Gun, Made in USSR, The Prebor-3B of 7.62x39 Caliber, Based on the US SALVO Programme.

(Based on a Google Search via: http://www.battlefield.ru/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=335 )

Wouldn't fancy clearing a stoppage, though.
The other links there (also posted by Trambuan,) show badly drawn computer diagrams of a "Handheld Nordenfelt Gun (AKA Ripper Gun)" 8O

Trambuan said:
Check out these, I was thinking this would be a substitute for a Handheld Minigun, It would be lighter in weight and less bulky to carry around giving the same effect as a Minigun, .458 SOCOM Rounds could be used for this type of weapon.
We've been round this rock and demolished the idea before mate, it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist - and it's unworkable.

The last poster to try it was BashaBasher/Browno/Canashea - all one and the same.
I wonder if Trambuan fits the same profile ?

:oops: :x

And to think I spent half an hour searching round, but didn't notice that his username was on most of the finds!

TRAMBUAN: An explanation of where you initially came across the pics is in order (and ensure that the posting date of the original thread precedes those of your entries on other sites).

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Having checked out his other posts, they're surprisingly similar to BashaBasher's.

And Browno's.

And Canashea's.

Spooky, huh ?

Whats all this about?, Am i being framed for somthing? :?

Anyway, I did post the 3 barrel ak images on other sites becouse its kinda rare, just thought about bringing it to arrse :wink: .

Trambuan said:
Whats all this about?, Am i being framed for somthing? :?

Anyway, I did post the 3 barrel ak images on other sites becouse its kinda rare, just thought about bringing it to arrse :wink: .
It's obviously a film prop or display piece so where did you get the picture from? It's actually quite well made compared with many film props.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Trambuan said:
Too good for a movie prop, It was a soviet rival to the american 'SALVO' project.
You've handled many film props then ?

putteesinmyhands said:
But where were the photos taken?
Yes come on Trambaum, all references to this point back at you. It's fine putting a spoof firearm on the internet and winding people up that it's real but we've seen through it. So where did you get the picture? (And don't point us to somewhere else you've posted it - it's already been pulled from Wikipedia for being nonsense)

Anyone read Russian. This must be part of the same display. Other pictures in the sequence show conventional weapons in similar museum cabinets. If this wasn't a film prop etc it might have been a mock up by a design student etc. Certainly most of them couldn't be held and aimed aside from the mechanical impossibilities. (note ejection port compared with magazine!)

Like I said, nicely made, interesting, but not real. I think Trambaum knows this too. (Take it it's him reflected in the glass holding camera)

Attachments

I'm going to regret this....

The weapon numbered 4 in the photos (the one that can't work because there's no way the round can be fed from the magazine into the chamber) looks like a TKB-022.
http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0400/425.htm

I've also found reference to TOZ-28 and TOZ-300 triple barrelled rifles, though have been unable to find photos of them.
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...413&view=new+"toz+300"+gun&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5

If I had to hazard a guess as to where the photos originated, it just might be somewhere along the lines of the Tula Armoury Museum in Russia. I've looked on the website, but they don't publish many photos.
http://arms-museum.tulanews.ru/

I've a terrible, terrible suspicion that these weapons may just be for real, though possibly prototypes that didn't get beyond the design stage.

Right: anorak on and hood tightened. No sniggering at the back.

They are real all right. The rifle at No.4 is definitely a Korobov TKB-022, an experimental Russian rifle from 1962.

I've no idea what the 3 barelled item is, but you can see that it's real because the insides of the barrels are rifled. It's unlikely that they would do that on a movie prop gun. No doubt another experimental Russian rifle.

Sad to say, but I do actually recognise the setting from some other photos that I have seen elsewhere. It's definitely at the Tula State Arms Museum.

If you really want to know what it is, I would suggest a quick email to Max Popenker, the Russian smallarms author at http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm. He's probably been to Tula about a million times.

Right, I'll get my coat. Sorry anorak.