2RGR Soldier KIA Musa Qaleh AFGN 041108

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by johnboyzzz, Nov 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7710454.stm

A British soldier has been killed in Afghanistan, according to the Ministry of Defence (MoD).

The soldier was from 2nd Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles.

He was killed by enemy fire in the Musa Qala area of Afghanistan, the MoD said. His family have been informed.

This latest death means that the number of UK troops killed on operations in Afghanistan since they began in 2001 now stands at 122.
  2. RIP brother rifleman

Kaphar hunnu bhanda marnu ramro
  3. RIP.

Condolances to Family and Friends.
  4. R.I.P. My deepest condolences to family and friends.

This has hit very close to home, my son is attached to the 2 RGR BG.
  5. R.I.P. Mate
  6. RIP Soldier
  7. RIP and condolences to your family, friends and colleagues.
  8. RIP bro...
  9. RIP lad.
  10. Soldier becomes first Gurkha killed in fighting in Afghanistan as Taliban guerrillas ambush his patrol
    By Matthew Hickley and Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 7:11 PM on 05th November 2008
    A Gurkha soldier has become the first to be killed fighting in Afghanistan.
    The Nepalese infantryman, who is expected to be formally named tomorrow morning, was on a foot patrol close to the town of Musa Qaleh in northern Helmand Province when his unit came under attack from the Taliban.
    He was serving with the 2nd Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles, based in Folkestone, Kent, and received medical treatment at the scene but died from the wounds. His next of kin have been informed.
    British soldiers patrol in Musa Qala, the Helmand Province hotspot where the Gurkha was killed (file picture)
    Thousands of British Army Gurkhas have served in Iraq and Afghanistan in recent years, but this is the first time a Nepalese Gurkha soldier has died in either conflict.
    Last October British Gurkha officer Major Alexis Roberts was killed by a roadside bomb in southern Afghanistan.
    The MoD has confirmed the soldier was taking part in a joint coalition and Afghan operation against enemy forces.
  11. Sad sad news, my heart goes out to his family and friends, yet anathor BRITISH SOLDIER FALLS.